Publisher: Nordex SE
Nordex Group posts strong order intake in 2018: new orders amount to more than 4.7 gigawatts
- Orders in Q4 2018 come to 1.7 GWHamburg (renewablepress) - With a volume of 1,679 megawatts (MW) of installed capacity, also in the fourth quarter the Nordex Group posted a high order intake (Q4 2017: 1.599 MW). This means that in the past year the company received new orders for more than 4.75 GW (2017: 2.74 GW), equating to an increase of more than 73 percent compared to the previous year.
- 137 turbines from the new Delta4000 series sold in 4th quarter alone
- Orders in full-year 2018 amounting to 4.75 GW (+73% yoy)
Order intake 4th quarter 2018
In the fourth quarter of 2018 Nordex customers ordered wind turbines with a volume of 1,679 MW. A large number, approx. 40 percent, were accounted for by the newly launched N149/4.0-4.5 turbine from the Delta4000 series. For instance, in the case of the large Swedish project Nysäter, 104 turbines of this type – as well as other models - are to be used. Further N149 turbines were sold to Finland, Turkey and Germany.
In addition to this, the Nordex Group received the first large-scale order in India with 100 of the new AW140/3000 turbines.
José Luis Blanco, CEO Nordex SE: “The high customer response to the newly introduced wind turbines N149/4.0-4.5 and AW140/3000 shows that the highly efficient turbines exactly meet the requirements of our customers. New orders with regular customers are always good proof that products, team and performance are right.”
Order intake for 2018 as a whole
Global new business for full-year 2018 amounted to 4,754 MW (1,423 turbines), breaking down as follows: Europe 2,145 MW (45.1 %), North America 721 MW (15.1 %), Latin America 1,190 MW (25 %) and 699 MW in the rest of the world (14.7 %). The United States, Brazil and Sweden were the strongest individual markets for the Nordex Group.
The Nordex Group
The Group has installed more than 23 GW of wind energy capacity in over 25 markets and in 2017 generated revenues of EUR 3.1 billion. The company has more than 5,000 employees. The joint manufacturing capacity includes factories in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the United States and India. The product portfolio is focused on onshore turbines in the 1.5 to 4.8 MW class, which are tailor-made for the market requirements in countries with limited space and regions with limited grid capacity.
Download press photo:
© Nordex SE
Hamburg, 15 January 2019
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Nordex SE.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Contact for investors:
Langenhorner Chaussee 600
Online press kit - all press releases from Nordex SE
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Nordex SE« responsible.
More press releases from Nordex SE
- Iberwind extends full scope service contracts with the Nordex Group for 290 MW in Portugal
- Nordex Group receives contracts for projects over 195 MW from Europe
- Giant of efficiency: VSB and Nordex Group commission 4.5 MW wind turbine
- Strong performer: the Nordex Group scores with N133 order for subsidy free project in Scotland
- With Nordex OSTM SCADA EDGE the Nordex Group brings the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) to the wind farm
- Nordex Group receives type certificate for the N149/4.0-4.5 turbine from TÜV SÜD
- Nordex launches 163 metre rotor for the Delta4000 5.X
- Nordex preparing for high installation volume in the second half of the year
- The Nordex Group receives new orders in Spain for 67 MW
- Nordex Group receives order for 269 MW from USA
About Nordex SE
The Nordex Group is one of the world's leading suppliers of wind turbines. The principal focus is on units with a high capacity - above all in the megawatt range: the strongest growth segment in the sector. Under the brand names Nordex, we offer powerful wind turbines for almost all geographic regions across the globe. Onshore and offshore, for desert and permafrost areas. With the largest serial produced wind turbine family in the world (N80/2500 kW, N90/2500 kW, N100/2500 kW and N117/2400 kW) and the powerful megawatt turbines N77/1500 kW and N82/1500 kW, Nordex is able to offer high-efficiency wind turbines for onshore use. The Nordex N150/6000 kW Offshore rounds off our megawatt product family with a machine especially designed for offshore use.
Today more than 4,500 Nordex wind turbines with a total rated output of more than 6,500 megawatts are already rotating in 30 countries of the world. We are represented with offices and subsidiaries in 19 countries.
Press contact at Nordex SE
Phone: +49 - (40) - 300 30 - 1141