Publisher: Nordex SE
Nordex Group receives 300 MW order from Engie from the USA
Hamburg (renewablepress) - The Nordex Group has signed a contract with the North American subsidiary of the French energy group Engie S.A. to supply and install 100 turbines of the AW3000 series. The project will use the AW140/3000 on an 82 meter tower, which represents the largest swept area wind turbine available in the marketplace with a tip height below 500 feet.
The turbines are to be delivered in 2020 and installed in the 300 MW "Prairie Hill" project, near to the town of Mart in Texas.
“We are pleased to be working with a new and important international customer, Engie, and we are bringing technology to the table that enables the lowest cost of energy solution, one which is perfectly suited to the conditions of their Texas project," says Patxi Landa, CSO of the Nordex Group.
The Nordex Group - a profile
The Group has installed more than 25 GW of wind energy capacity in over 40 markets and in 2018 generated revenues of around EUR 2.5 billion. The company currently has more than 5,500 employees. The joint manufacturing capacity includes factories in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the United States, India, Argentina and in Mexico. The product portfolio is focused on onshore turbines in the 2.4 to 5.X MW class, which are tailor-made for the market requirements in countries with limited space and regions with limited grid capacity.
Download press photo:
© Nordex SE
Hamburg, 18 June 2019
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Nordex SE.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Contact for investors:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Langenhorner Chaussee 600
Online press kit - all press releases from Nordex SE
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Nordex SE« responsible.
More press releases from Nordex SE
- Iberwind extends full scope service contracts with the Nordex Group for 290 MW in Portugal
- Nordex Group receives contracts for projects over 195 MW from Europe
- Giant of efficiency: VSB and Nordex Group commission 4.5 MW wind turbine
- Strong performer: the Nordex Group scores with N133 order for subsidy free project in Scotland
- With Nordex OSTM SCADA EDGE the Nordex Group brings the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) to the wind farm
- Nordex Group receives type certificate for the N149/4.0-4.5 turbine from TÜV SÜD
- Nordex launches 163 metre rotor for the Delta4000 5.X
- Nordex preparing for high installation volume in the second half of the year
- The Nordex Group receives new orders in Spain for 67 MW
- Nordex Group receives order for 269 MW from USA
About Nordex SE
The Nordex Group is one of the world's leading suppliers of wind turbines. The principal focus is on units with a high capacity - above all in the megawatt range: the strongest growth segment in the sector. Under the brand names Nordex, we offer powerful wind turbines for almost all geographic regions across the globe. Onshore and offshore, for desert and permafrost areas. With the largest serial produced wind turbine family in the world (N80/2500 kW, N90/2500 kW, N100/2500 kW and N117/2400 kW) and the powerful megawatt turbines N77/1500 kW and N82/1500 kW, Nordex is able to offer high-efficiency wind turbines for onshore use. The Nordex N150/6000 kW Offshore rounds off our megawatt product family with a machine especially designed for offshore use.
Today more than 4,500 Nordex wind turbines with a total rated output of more than 6,500 megawatts are already rotating in 30 countries of the world. We are represented with offices and subsidiaries in 19 countries.
Press contact at Nordex SE
Phone: +49 - (40) - 300 30 - 1141