Publisher: Nordex SE
Nordex Group wins another major order for 157.5 MW with N149 turbine
- 35 turbines of the Delta4000 series for AustraliaHamburg (renewablepress) - The Nordex Group's new business with its latest turbine, the N149/4.0-4.5 for medium and light-wind sites, continues to boom. The manufacturer has been awarded a contract to supply and install 35 wind turbines for the Mortlake South Wind Farm project located in the state of Victoria in the south-east of Australia for its customer Acciona Energy Australia. The order was placed in the first quarter of 2019.
"In addition to our successful sales in Europe, we are now increasingly meeting with significant interest in the N149 turbine in other international sales regions, like recently in Argentina and now in Australia. This order is yet another indication of the confidence placed in our state-of-the-art technology," says Patxi Landa, Chief Sales Officer of Nordex Group.
In September 2018, Mortlake South Wind Farm was successful in the Victorian VRET (Victorian Renewable Energy Targets) auction process. The Mortlake South Wind Farm, will use turbines with a capacity of 4.5 MW each. Infrastructure works have already commenced and the completion of the wind farm is expected in mid-2020.
The N149/4.0-4.5 is ideal for this site, which is located some 6 kilometres from the town of Mortlake and has average annual wind speeds of 7.7 metres a second. Thanks to its grid compatibility, it can be perfectly adapted to the individual grid connection requirements of the Australian market. The N149/4.0-4.5 has been designed to meet the grid requirements of the most demanding grid connection directives worldwide - a key criterion for choosing this turbine for Mortlake South.
The expected volume of electricity to be produced by the wind farm equates to the annual consumption of some 115,000 households and is equivalent to a saving of 532,000 tons of toxic CO2 per annum.
After the Gunning, Waubra and Mt Gellibrand projects, all of which use turbines from the AW platform, Mortlake South is the first order from Acciona Energy Australia with turbines from the Delta4000 generation. The Nordex Group has installed 370 MW in Australia and has had a branch in Melbourne since July 2017.
The Nordex Group - a profile
The Group has installed more than 25 GW of wind energy capacity in over 40 markets and in 2018 generated revenues of around EUR 2.5 billion. The company currently has more than 5,500 employees. The joint manufacturing capacity includes factories in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the United States, India and in the near future Argentina and Mexico. The product portfolio is focused on onshore turbines in the 2.4 to 5 MW class, which are tailor-made for the market requirements in countries with limited space and regions with limited grid capacity.
Download press photo:
© Nordex SE
Hamburg, 02 April 2019
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Nordex SE.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Contact for investors:
Langenhorner Chaussee 600
Online press kit - all press releases from Nordex SE
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Nordex SE« responsible.
More press releases from Nordex SE
- Nordex Group increases order intake to 6.2 gigawatts in 2019
- Ardian and OX2 switch to N149/5.X turbines at Swedish 286 MW Åndberg wind farm
- Nordex Group receives three new orders totalling 172 MW from the Netherlands
- Successful end-of-year business in Europe: Nordex Group receives orders for 308 MW
- Nordex Group scores in service: Customers extend service contracts for 150 MW in Uruguay and the US
- Nordex Group now manufacturing Delta4000 turbines in La Vall d’Uixó plant in Spain
- The Nordex Group to supply N149 turbines for an 86 MW project for Mainstream Renewable Power in Chile
- The Nordex Group wins a new contract for construction of a 62 MW wind farm in Turkey
- Nordex Group receives contracts for projects over 128 MW from Europe
- The Nordex Group receives order from Turkey for 77 MW
About Nordex SE
The Nordex Group is one of the world's leading suppliers of wind turbines. The principal focus is on units with a high capacity - above all in the megawatt range: the strongest growth segment in the sector. Under the brand names Nordex, we offer powerful wind turbines for almost all geographic regions across the globe. Onshore and offshore, for desert and permafrost areas. With the largest serial produced wind turbine family in the world (N80/2500 kW, N90/2500 kW, N100/2500 kW and N117/2400 kW) and the powerful megawatt turbines N77/1500 kW and N82/1500 kW, Nordex is able to offer high-efficiency wind turbines for onshore use. The Nordex N150/6000 kW Offshore rounds off our megawatt product family with a machine especially designed for offshore use.
Today more than 4,500 Nordex wind turbines with a total rated output of more than 6,500 megawatts are already rotating in 30 countries of the world. We are represented with offices and subsidiaries in 19 countries.
Press contact at Nordex SE
Phone: +49 - (40) - 300 30 - 1141