Publisher: Nordex SE
Nordex Group and FAdeA celebrate official opening of a wind turbines production plant in Córdoba, Argentina
- First wind turbine production plant in Córdoba, ArgentinaHamburg, Córdoba (renewablepress) - During the official ceremony, attended by the Argentinian president Mauricio Macri, national and provincial authorities, and representatives from the world of business, Nordex Group and FAdeA celebrated the official opening of the Argentinian production plant in Córdoba on June 5th, 2019.
- A significant step in bringing added value to this booming industrial sector in the country
- Production plant will create new jobs in the region
The agreement between Nordex Group and FAdeA for the construction of a local assembly line was concluded in December 2018, and the production facility was set in record time. Production began in mid-April and the first AW132/3300 nacelles for projects for the power utility AES Generación S.A. have already left the production line.
This factory positions the Nordex Group as a local supplier in a booming wind market with good wind conditions. The nacelles and hubs assembly shop has been designed for an annual capacity of up to 500 MW. The Nordex Group is also setting up three local production plants for concrete towers, through its subcontractors. This allows the Nordex Group to supply wind turbines, which qualify as fully local, entitling its clients to significant tax benefits, and thus reducing the cost of energy.
Said José Luis Blanco, CEO of the Nordex Group: “As an international company, local-level manufacturing close to our sales regions is an essential element of our expansion strategy. To date, we have had great success in Argentina, as shown by orders for more than 600 MW in the last two years. Argentina has some of the best wind resources in the world and it is well positioned to become a major wind power market. Wind turbines within the multi-megawatt range, in which this plant has specialized, will play a key role in this surge.”
The factory in Córdoba will employ up to 100 specialists, plus a further 200 employees in each of the concrete tower plants.
Antonio Beltramone, president of FAdeA remarked, “This plant is a new proof that transparency, commitment and teamwork can reverse the worst case scenarios. Only 8 months ago, this place was an abandoned scrap heap. Thanks to the confidence of Nordex and the support of many people, we have now a plant with the latest technology.” And added “Today FAdeA offers the greatest diversity of services in its history, it has never had such diverse list of capabilities. Having in FAdeA the first production plant for wind energy of Córdoba is an honor. Once again FAdeA is a vital source for industrial prosperity.”
Fábrica Argentina de Aviones “Brig. San Martin“ S.A - a profile
FAdeA is a listed company under the auspices of the Argentinian Ministry of Defense and has more than 90 years of experience in aviation technology. The company has been strategically realigned and operates in new areas of international business with industrial partners from the civil and military segment. These now include renewable energy in a aim to diversify its activities.
The Nordex Group - a profile
The Group has installed more than 25 GW of wind energy capacity in over 40 markets and in 2018 generated revenues of around EUR 2.5 billion. The company currently has more than 5,500 employees. The joint manufacturing capacity includes factories in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the United States, India, Argentina and in the near future Mexico. The product portfolio is focused on onshore turbines in the 2.4 to 5.X MW class, which are tailor-made for the market requirements in countries with limited space and regions with limited grid capacity.
Download press photos:
© Nordex SE
Hamburg, Córdoba, 06 June 2019
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Nordex SE.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Contact for investors:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Langenhorner Chaussee 600
Online press kit - all press releases from Nordex SE
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Nordex SE« responsible.
More press releases from Nordex SE
- Nordex Group increases order intake to 6.2 gigawatts in 2019
- Ardian and OX2 switch to N149/5.X turbines at Swedish 286 MW Åndberg wind farm
- Nordex Group receives three new orders totalling 172 MW from the Netherlands
- Successful end-of-year business in Europe: Nordex Group receives orders for 308 MW
- Nordex Group scores in service: Customers extend service contracts for 150 MW in Uruguay and the US
- Nordex Group now manufacturing Delta4000 turbines in La Vall d’Uixó plant in Spain
- The Nordex Group to supply N149 turbines for an 86 MW project for Mainstream Renewable Power in Chile
- The Nordex Group wins a new contract for construction of a 62 MW wind farm in Turkey
- Nordex Group receives contracts for projects over 128 MW from Europe
- The Nordex Group receives order from Turkey for 77 MW
About Nordex SE
The Nordex Group is one of the world's leading suppliers of wind turbines. The principal focus is on units with a high capacity - above all in the megawatt range: the strongest growth segment in the sector. Under the brand names Nordex, we offer powerful wind turbines for almost all geographic regions across the globe. Onshore and offshore, for desert and permafrost areas. With the largest serial produced wind turbine family in the world (N80/2500 kW, N90/2500 kW, N100/2500 kW and N117/2400 kW) and the powerful megawatt turbines N77/1500 kW and N82/1500 kW, Nordex is able to offer high-efficiency wind turbines for onshore use. The Nordex N150/6000 kW Offshore rounds off our megawatt product family with a machine especially designed for offshore use.
Today more than 4,500 Nordex wind turbines with a total rated output of more than 6,500 megawatts are already rotating in 30 countries of the world. We are represented with offices and subsidiaries in 19 countries.
Press contact at Nordex SE
Phone: +49 - (40) - 300 30 - 1141