Publisher: Nordex SE
Nordex launches 163 metre rotor for the Delta4000 5.X
- Maximum efficiency thanks to more than 20,000m² swept areaHamburg (renewablepress) - The Nordex Group is further extending its product portfolio in the market segment of turbines with a nominal capacity of more than 5 MW. "At the heart of our product development strategy, is the continued expansion of the capabilities of our proven Delta4000 platform. We have now reached a further milestone with the introduction of the N163/5.X," says José Luis Blanco, the Nordex Group CEO. The N163/5.X turbine will be presented at the German Husum Wind Fair, which takes place from 10 - 13 September 2019.
- Presentation of the N163/5.X at Husum Wind 2019
Compared to the recently launched N149/5.X turbine, the N163/5.X shows its strengths particularly on projects with lower wind speeds. The nacelle, gearbox and all system components of the N163/5.X have been taken over from the N149/5.X. A new element is the single-piece rotor blade, with a length of nearly 80 metres, based on the proven and tested glass fibre/carbon fibre differential construction concept of the N149, which Nordex has been using in serial production for its blades since 2011. The rotor diameter has been increased by 14 metres to a total of 163 metres compared to that of the N149/5.X. This makes it one of the biggest rotors in the onshore segment. This larger rotor diameter results in a swept area of 20.867 square metres. Compared to the N149/4.0-4.5, currently being produced in series, this means an additional yield of up to 20 percent for the new turbine.
The N163/5.X is designed for maximum flexibility and can be operated in different modes in the 5 MW range depending on site requirements and customer needs. This enables customers to individually configure the wind farm with regards to energy yield, turbine lifetime, rating and sound requirements, and thus adapt it ideally to the specific business model. The N163/5.X continues the successful approach of a flexible power range of the Delta4000 turbines N149/4.0-4.5 and N149/5.X.
The turbine will initially be offered with hub heights of between 118 and 164 metres. The turbine options also include a cold climate version for operation in temperatures as low as -30°C. The start of the series production of the N163/5.X is scheduled for 2021.
The turbines in the Delta4000 series
The turbines of the Delta4000 series are based on a uniform technical platform. Type-specific components, such as rotor blades or gearboxes, can be adapted for different variants thanks to the consistent modularization. This enables the Nordex Group to continuously develop highly efficient, field-proven solutions for different wind regimes and geographic regions, and ensure fast time-to-market.
The Delta4000 series at a glance:
Turbines in the 4 MW segment:
Turbines in the 5 MW segment:
The Nordex Group at Husum Wind 2019: Hall 1, stand no. B11
The Nordex Group - a profile
The Group has installed more than 25 GW of wind energy capacity in over 40 markets and in 2018 generated revenues of around EUR 2.5 billion. The company currently has more than 5,500 employees. The joint manufacturing capacity includes factories in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the United States, India, Argentina and Mexico. The product portfolio is focused on onshore turbines in the 2.4 to 5.X MW class, which are tailor-made for the market requirements in countries with limited space and regions with limited grid capacity.
Download press photo:
© Nordex SE
Hamburg, 14 August 2019
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Nordex SE.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Contact for investors:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Langenhorner Chaussee 600
Online press kit - all press releases from Nordex SE
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Nordex SE« responsible.
More press releases from Nordex SE
- Nordex Group obtains major order for 312 MW from Spain
- Nordex Group to build factory for concrete towers in Spain
- The Nordex Group receives order for 43 MW from ABO Wind from Finland
- Nordex Group posts Brazil order for 90 MW
- innogy places order with the Nordex Group for 27 MW project in Germany
- Nordex supplies 27 large turbines to France
- Nordex records first quarter 2020 in line with expectations
- Withdrawal of guidance for financial year 2020 due to COVID-19 pandemic; improved performance in Q1/2020
- Nordex Group receives order to supply 59 MW to Brazil
- Nordex Group refinances successfully its guarantee credit facility for three years
About Nordex SE
The Nordex Group is one of the world's leading suppliers of wind turbines. The principal focus is on units with a high capacity - above all in the megawatt range: the strongest growth segment in the sector. Under the brand names Nordex, we offer powerful wind turbines for almost all geographic regions across the globe. Onshore and offshore, for desert and permafrost areas. With the largest serial produced wind turbine family in the world (N80/2500 kW, N90/2500 kW, N100/2500 kW and N117/2400 kW) and the powerful megawatt turbines N77/1500 kW and N82/1500 kW, Nordex is able to offer high-efficiency wind turbines for onshore use. The Nordex N150/6000 kW Offshore rounds off our megawatt product family with a machine especially designed for offshore use.
Today more than 4,500 Nordex wind turbines with a total rated output of more than 6,500 megawatts are already rotating in 30 countries of the world. We are represented with offices and subsidiaries in 19 countries.
Press contact at Nordex SE
Phone: +49 - (40) - 300 30 - 1141