Publisher: Nordex SE
Nordex Group now manufacturing Delta4000 turbines in La Vall d’Uixó plant in Spain
• Milestone towards increasing production capacity for the global marketHamburg (renewablepress) - The Nordex Group started producing turbines of the Delta4000 series at its factory in La Vall d’Uixó, Spain. After the German production facility in Rostock this is the second plant in Europe manufacturing turbines from the Nordex platform. On 12 December the first nacelle for an N149/4.0-4.5 turbine left the production facility for the Celada III wind farm in Spain.
"Series production for the Delta4000 started in Rostock in March 2019 and less than nine months later turbines from this generation are now coming off the production line in La Vall d’Uixó. This will enable us to meet the increased global demand for turbines of this generation in a targeted manner. Today almost every second turbine sold comes from the Delta4000 series," says José Luis Blanco, CEO of the Nordex Group.
As soon as 2020, almost 250 nacelles from the Delta4000 series with the equivalent of an annual capacity of more than 1 GW are to be produced in the La Vall d’Uixó factory, both for the European and the global market. In Rostock 420 turbines in the Delta4000 series alone will be produced in 2020, in addition to other Nordex turbines.
The La Vall d’Uixó plant started production in 2005. Hitherto the production program covered turbines from the AW platform. Now La Vall d’Uixó is the first facility to manufacture turbines from both the AW platform and the Nordex platform. The factory currently employs 125 specialist staff.
The Nordex Group - a profile
The Group has installed more than 27 GW of wind energy capacity in over 40 markets and in 2018 generated revenues of around EUR 2.5 billion. The company has more than 6,000 employees. The joint manufacturing capacity includes factories in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the United States, India, Argentina and Mexico. The product portfolio is focused on onshore turbines in the 2.4 to 5.X MW class, which are tailor-made for the market requirements of countries with limited space and regions with limited grid capacity.
Download press photo:
© Nordex SE
Hamburg, 13 December 2019
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Nordex SE.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Contact for investors:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Langenhorner Chaussee 600
Online press kit - all press releases from Nordex SE
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Nordex SE« responsible.
More press releases from Nordex SE
- Nordex Group announces potential sale of its 2.7 GW European project development pipeline to RWE
- Nordex Group builds wind farm for its new customer UKA for the first time
- Nordex Group receives order from Colombia
- Nordex Group receives orders of 888 megawatts in the second quarter of 2020
- VSB Group places order with the Nordex Group for 40 MW in Finland
- Nordex Group obtains major order for 312 MW from Spain
- Nordex Group to build factory for concrete towers in Spain
- The Nordex Group receives order for 43 MW from ABO Wind from Finland
- Nordex Group posts Brazil order for 90 MW
- innogy places order with the Nordex Group for 27 MW project in Germany
About Nordex SE
The Nordex Group is one of the world's leading suppliers of wind turbines. The principal focus is on units with a high capacity - above all in the megawatt range: the strongest growth segment in the sector. Under the brand names Nordex, we offer powerful wind turbines for almost all geographic regions across the globe. Onshore and offshore, for desert and permafrost areas. With the largest serial produced wind turbine family in the world (N80/2500 kW, N90/2500 kW, N100/2500 kW and N117/2400 kW) and the powerful megawatt turbines N77/1500 kW and N82/1500 kW, Nordex is able to offer high-efficiency wind turbines for onshore use. The Nordex N150/6000 kW Offshore rounds off our megawatt product family with a machine especially designed for offshore use.
Today more than 4,500 Nordex wind turbines with a total rated output of more than 6,500 megawatts are already rotating in 30 countries of the world. We are represented with offices and subsidiaries in 19 countries.
Press contact at Nordex SE
Phone: +49 - (40) - 300 30 - 1141