Publisher: Nordex SE
Ardian and OX2 switch to N149/5.X turbines at Swedish 286 MW Åndberg wind farm
• First wind farm to utilize N149/5.X turbinesHamburg (renewablepress) - Ardian and Nordic developer OX2 are relying, for the first time, on Nordex turbines of the 5 MW class for the 286 MW wind farm "Åndberg". The Nordex Group had already booked this order comprising 53 turbines as order intake in 2019, at that time on the basis that N149/4.0-4.5 turbines of the 4-MW class would be used. In December 2019, the customers and Nordex signed a contract for the use of even more powerful turbines at the wind farm. This makes the Åndberg project the first wind farm using the new N149/5.X turbine, which the Nordex Group introduced in March 2019.
• In December 2019, Ardian, a leading private investment house, and OX2, a leading Nordic developer, signed an agreement with Nordex to utilize more powerful turbines at the Åndberg windfarm
Åndberg is currently being constructed in the province of Härjedalen, near Lillhärdal in western Sweden. The wind farm was sold to Ardian, a leading international private investment company, in February 2019 and forms part of their Nordic sustainable energy investment platform, eNordic. Following its completion in 2021, Åndberg will annually provide clean electricity in excess of 800 GWh, making it one of the largest wind farms in Sweden. Developer OX2 delivers the wind farm through an engineering and construction (EPC) agreement with Ardian.
Simo Santavirta, Head of Asset Management, Ardian Infrastructure, says: “These new turbines are innovative engineering, delivering impressive power, flexibility and efficiency. We are always looking to use the very best technological solutions for our assets and these turbines are a good example of this”.
Paul Stormoen, CEO at OX2 says: “We have a long-standing relationship with Nordex and are happy to see them continuing to develop competitive turbines suitable for the growing Nordic market”.
"We are pleased that OX2 has again opted for our wind turbines last year," says Patxi Landa, CSO of the Nordex Group. "Technologically the N149/5.X is based on the N149/4.0-4.5 turbine type from the Delta4000 series. The N149/5.X can also be flexibly operated in different modes, depending on project requirements - and now in the 5+ MW power range too."
The Nordex Group - a profile
The Group has installed more than 27 GW of wind energy capacity in over 40 markets and in 2018 generated revenues of EUR 2.5 billion. The company currently has more than 6,000 employees. The joint manufacturing capacity includes factories in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the United States, India, Argentina and Mexico. The product portfolio is focused on onshore turbines in the 2.4 to 5.X MW class, which are tailor-made for the market requirements of countries with limited space and regions with limited grid capacity.
OX2 develops, builds and manages renewable power generation. OX2 has taken a leading position in large-scale onshore wind power over the past 15 years, having generated more than 2 GW of wind power in the Nordic region. By constantly increasing access to renewable energy, OX2 is promoting the transition towards a more sustainable future. OX2 has operations in Sweden, Norway, Finland, Poland, Lithuania, France and Germany. Its head office is located in Stockholm, Sweden. Sales revenue in 2018 amounted to EUR 403 million. www.ox2.com
Ardian is a world-leading private investment house with assets of US$96bn managed or advised in Europe, the Americas and Asia. The company is majority-owned by its employees. It keeps entrepreneurship at its heart and focuses on delivering excellent investment performance to its global investor base. Through its commitment to shared outcomes for all stakeholders, Ardian’s activities fuel individual, corporate and economic growth around the world. Holding close its core values of excellence, loyalty and entrepreneurship, Ardian maintains a truly global network, with more than 550 employees working from fifteen offices across Europe (Frankfurt, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Paris and Zurich), the Americas (New York, San Francisco and Santiago) and Asia (Beijing, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul). It manages funds on behalf of around 800 clients through five pillars of investment expertise: Fund of Funds, Direct Funds, Infrastructure, Real Estate and Private Debt. www.ardian.com
eNordic is the Nordic’s first sustainable energy platform, formed by a partnership between Ardian, a world-leading private investment house, and leading domestic industry executives. Through a local, responsible and agile investment approach, eNordic enables the transformation of the energy sector through long-term partnerships with those that develop or operate sustainable energy projects in the Nordics. It invests in opportunities in wind, biomass, hydro and district heating, in addition to traditional energy assets that have the potential to be transformed or managed in a particularly sustainable way. eNordic is based in Sweden and Finland, with local teams operating throughout the Nordics region. www.enordic.fi
Download press photo:
© Nordex SE
Hamburg, 10 January 2020
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Nordex SE.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Contact for investors:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Langenhorner Chaussee 600
Online press kit - all press releases from Nordex SE
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Nordex SE« responsible.
More press releases from Nordex SE
- Nordex Group obtains major order for 312 MW from Spain
- Nordex Group to build factory for concrete towers in Spain
- The Nordex Group receives order for 43 MW from ABO Wind from Finland
- Nordex Group posts Brazil order for 90 MW
- innogy places order with the Nordex Group for 27 MW project in Germany
- Nordex supplies 27 large turbines to France
- Nordex records first quarter 2020 in line with expectations
- Withdrawal of guidance for financial year 2020 due to COVID-19 pandemic; improved performance in Q1/2020
- Nordex Group receives order to supply 59 MW to Brazil
- Nordex Group refinances successfully its guarantee credit facility for three years
About Nordex SE
The Nordex Group is one of the world's leading suppliers of wind turbines. The principal focus is on units with a high capacity - above all in the megawatt range: the strongest growth segment in the sector. Under the brand names Nordex, we offer powerful wind turbines for almost all geographic regions across the globe. Onshore and offshore, for desert and permafrost areas. With the largest serial produced wind turbine family in the world (N80/2500 kW, N90/2500 kW, N100/2500 kW and N117/2400 kW) and the powerful megawatt turbines N77/1500 kW and N82/1500 kW, Nordex is able to offer high-efficiency wind turbines for onshore use. The Nordex N150/6000 kW Offshore rounds off our megawatt product family with a machine especially designed for offshore use.
Today more than 4,500 Nordex wind turbines with a total rated output of more than 6,500 megawatts are already rotating in 30 countries of the world. We are represented with offices and subsidiaries in 19 countries.
Press contact at Nordex SE
Phone: +49 - (40) - 300 30 - 1141