Publisher: Nordex SE
Nordex Group increases order intake to 6.2 gigawatts in 2019
• Orders of 1.5 gigawatts (GW) received in the fourth quarter of 2019Hamburg (renewablepress) - The Nordex Group today announced that it continued to receive a large number of orders from Europe as well as North and South America in the final quarter of 2019, with customers ordering 359 wind turbines generating a combined nominal output of 1,477 megawatts (MW) during this period (Q4 2018: 1,679 MW). Overall, the Nordex Group received orders to deliver 1,616 wind turbines with a total output of 6,207 MW in 2019, representing a 31 percent increase on the previous year (2018: 4,754 MW). In the fourth quarter of 2019, the majority of this volume (57 percent) was attributable to turbines in the Delta4000 series. This latest generation of turbines already makes up 44 percent of all orders for the full year. Unveiled only in March 2019, the five-megawatt turbine in this series – the N149/5.X – was used for the first time in the 286-MW Åndberg project in Sweden.
• Order intake up 31 percent for the full year 2019
• Delta4000 series makes up 44 percent of all orders
Order intake in the fourth quarter of 2019
The orders received between October and December 2019 primarily came from Europe (70 percent), as well as Latin America (20 percent) and North America (10 percent). The Nordex Group received further orders from Chile (67 MW) and the USA (154 MW) in addition to the incoming orders already announced.
Order intake in the full year 2019
The Nordex Group’s performance on the European market has been highly dynamic over the past year, with around 3,161 MW (2018: 2,145 MW) or around 51 percent of the order volume attributable to this region. In particular, high demand from Turkey, Spain, the Netherlands and the market entry in the Ukraine compensated for the continued weakness of the German market. The US market (North America region) performed similarly well, making a contribution of 1,767 MW (2018: 721 MW) or more than 28 percent to the total order volume. Around 18 percent or 1,122 MW (2018: 1,190 MW) of orders came from Latin America. The Nordex Group received an additional order from Australia, which means that 158 MW (2018: 699 MW) or 3 percent of orders were attributable to the Rest of the World region.
José Luis Blanco, CEO of the Nordex Group: “Demand for our wind turbines is very strong around the world. With our new Delta4000 turbines we are enabling profitable projects in all relevant markets. Series production in Rostock, which started in March 2019, has already been supplemented by production at the Spanish plant in La Vall d'Uixó since December.”
About the Nordex Group
The Group has installed more than 27 GW of wind power capacity in over 40 markets and generated sales of around EUR 2.5 billion in 2018. The company currently has more than 6,000 employees. The Group’s manufacturing network includes factories in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the USA, India, Argentina and Mexico. The product portfolio is focused on onshore turbines in the 2.4 to 5.X MW class which are designed to meet the market requirements of countries with limited available space and regions with limited grid capacity.
Download press photo:
© Nordex SE
Hamburg, 15 January 2020
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Nordex SE.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Contact for investors:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Langenhorner Chaussee 600
Online press kit - all press releases from Nordex SE
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Nordex SE« responsible.
More press releases from Nordex SE
- Nordex Group receives orders of 888 megawatts in the second quarter of 2020
- VSB Group places order with the Nordex Group for 40 MW in Finland
- Nordex Group obtains major order for 312 MW from Spain
- Nordex Group to build factory for concrete towers in Spain
- The Nordex Group receives order for 43 MW from ABO Wind from Finland
- Nordex Group posts Brazil order for 90 MW
- innogy places order with the Nordex Group for 27 MW project in Germany
- Nordex supplies 27 large turbines to France
- Nordex records first quarter 2020 in line with expectations
- Withdrawal of guidance for financial year 2020 due to COVID-19 pandemic; improved performance in Q1/2020
About Nordex SE
The Nordex Group is one of the world's leading suppliers of wind turbines. The principal focus is on units with a high capacity - above all in the megawatt range: the strongest growth segment in the sector. Under the brand names Nordex, we offer powerful wind turbines for almost all geographic regions across the globe. Onshore and offshore, for desert and permafrost areas. With the largest serial produced wind turbine family in the world (N80/2500 kW, N90/2500 kW, N100/2500 kW and N117/2400 kW) and the powerful megawatt turbines N77/1500 kW and N82/1500 kW, Nordex is able to offer high-efficiency wind turbines for onshore use. The Nordex N150/6000 kW Offshore rounds off our megawatt product family with a machine especially designed for offshore use.
Today more than 4,500 Nordex wind turbines with a total rated output of more than 6,500 megawatts are already rotating in 30 countries of the world. We are represented with offices and subsidiaries in 19 countries.
Press contact at Nordex SE
Phone: +49 - (40) - 300 30 - 1141