Publisher: Nordex SE
The Nordex Group wins orders for 25 N149 turbines in Finland
- OX2 orders in total 107.4 MW for four projectsHamburg (renewablepress) - The Nordex Group has received orders from Nordic’s largest project developer, OX2, for four projects in Finland, with a total installed capacity of 107.4 MW. IKEA Retail Finland, part of INGKA Group, is funding the construction, with the intention to acquire the projects when they are operational in Q1 2020.
The projects include 25 of the new N149/4.0-4.5 turbines, specially designed to deliver higher yields at light and medium wind sites, which the manufacturer will install from summer 2019 for the wind farms "Långmossa" (seven turbines), "Ribäcken" (five turbines), "Ponsivuori" (seven turbines) and "Verhonkulma" (six turbines).
The four sites near Vaasa, Kurikka and Maalahti are characterised by average annual wind speeds between 6.9 and 7.2 m/s, perfect wind conditions for the N149/4.0-4.5, which can be configured between 4.0 and 4.5 MW depending on the site conditions and where the flexible operating modes can be optimised to maximise the over return on investment.
The turbines in Ponsivuori will also be equipped with an anti-icing system. The orders include a premium service and maintenance contract with a term of 25 years for each of the four projects.
With these new orders, OX2 and the Nordex Group are continuing their successful cooperation. Paul Stormoen, Managing Director OX2 Wind: "Finland is a market within which OX2 is steadily growing its wind farm portfolio. We are happy to repeat business with Nordex now. Thanks to our many years of experience, we are convinced that with the N149/4.0-4.5 we have once again chosen a highly efficient turbine type which can be flexibly configured for optimum yield under the respective conditions of the various locations."
"When developing the N149/4.0-4.5, we consistently focused on reducing electricity production costs along the entire value chain and optimized the maintenance and service concept accordingly. The resulting subsidy-free projects, including the long-term service contracts and the trust that OX2 have shown in us, confirm this strategy," commented Patxi Landa, Chief Sales Officer for Nordex SE, on the renewed project win in Finland.
This success follows closely behind the first major order for the N149/4.0-4.5 for the "Hedet" project, also in Finland and consisting of 18 turbines, which the Nordex Group announced at the beginning of October.
The Nordex Group - a profile
The Group has installed more than 23 GW of wind energy capacity in over 25 markets and in 2017 generated revenues of EUR 3.1 billion. The company currently has about 5,000 employees. The joint manufacturing capacity includes factories in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the United States and India. The product portfolio is focused on onshore turbines in the 1.5 to 4.8 MW class, which are tailor-made for the market requirements in countries with limited space and regions with limited grid capacity.
Download press photo:
© Nordex SE
Hamburg, 23 October 2018
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Nordex SE.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Contact for investors:
Langenhorner Chaussee 600
Online press kit - all press releases from Nordex SE
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Nordex SE« responsible.
More press releases from Nordex SE
- In March, the Nordex Group received an order for the supply of seven N149 turbines from Energiequelle in Finland
- The Nordex Group achieves order intake of more than 1.6 GW in the first quarter of 2020
- The Nordex Group: Onshore turbine with largest rotor diameter installed in the Netherlands
- The Nordex Group supplies 51 MW with its 5MW+ rated power turbines in Norway
- Nordex Group began 2020 with turbine order backlog of EUR 5.5 billion
- OX2 awards the Nordex Group contract for 48 MW wind farm in Sweden
- Nordex Group supplies 120 MW to Turkey
- The Nordex Group closes 2019 in line with its guidance
- Nordex and ewz expanding joint activities in France
- The Nordex Group receives order for 33 turbines for a 156 MW wind farm in Chile
About Nordex SE
The Nordex Group is one of the world's leading suppliers of wind turbines. The principal focus is on units with a high capacity - above all in the megawatt range: the strongest growth segment in the sector. Under the brand names Nordex, we offer powerful wind turbines for almost all geographic regions across the globe. Onshore and offshore, for desert and permafrost areas. With the largest serial produced wind turbine family in the world (N80/2500 kW, N90/2500 kW, N100/2500 kW and N117/2400 kW) and the powerful megawatt turbines N77/1500 kW and N82/1500 kW, Nordex is able to offer high-efficiency wind turbines for onshore use. The Nordex N150/6000 kW Offshore rounds off our megawatt product family with a machine especially designed for offshore use.
Today more than 4,500 Nordex wind turbines with a total rated output of more than 6,500 megawatts are already rotating in 30 countries of the world. We are represented with offices and subsidiaries in 19 countries.
Press contact at Nordex SE
Phone: +49 - (40) - 300 30 - 1141