Publisher: Nordex SE
Nordex Group receives big-ticket contract for Delta4000 Turbines in Argentina
- Power producer orders 38 turbines with a combined capacity of 166 MWHamburg (renewablepress) - The Nordex Group has received a major order from Argentina at the end of March. For the first time, the Group is supplying turbines from its Delta4000 series to an overseas destination. The pooled project is “Chubut Norte II, III & IV”. Moreover, the Group will be providing multi-year service for the wind farm.
The contract for the “Chubut Norte II, III & IV” wind farm has been awarded by the leading renewable energy Independent Power Producer (IPP) company in Argentina, Genneia, for which the Nordex Group is currently installing the Argentinean Pomona I & II projects (113,1 MW). Located in the southern Province of Chubut near Puerto Madryn, the new-ordered 166.4 MW wind farm will be composed of 38 N149/4.0-4.5 turbines with an installed capacity of 4.380 MW each. Installation of the turbines is scheduled for the third quarter of 2019.
The Nordex Group - a profile
The Group has installed more than 25 GW of wind energy capacity in over 40 markets and in 2018 generated revenues of around EUR 2.5 billion. The company currently has more than 5,500 employees. The joint manufacturing capacity includes factories in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the United States, India and in the near future Argentina and Mexico. The product portfolio is focused on onshore turbines in the 2.4 to 5.X MW class, which are tailor-made for the market requirements in countries with limited space and regions with limited grid capacity.
Download press photo:
© Nordex SE
Hamburg, 01 April 2019
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Nordex SE.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Contact for investors:
Langenhorner Chaussee 600
Online press kit - all press releases from Nordex SE
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Nordex SE« responsible.
More press releases from Nordex SE
- Nordex Group increases order intake to 6.2 gigawatts in 2019
- Ardian and OX2 switch to N149/5.X turbines at Swedish 286 MW Åndberg wind farm
- Nordex Group receives three new orders totalling 172 MW from the Netherlands
- Successful end-of-year business in Europe: Nordex Group receives orders for 308 MW
- Nordex Group scores in service: Customers extend service contracts for 150 MW in Uruguay and the US
- Nordex Group now manufacturing Delta4000 turbines in La Vall d’Uixó plant in Spain
- The Nordex Group to supply N149 turbines for an 86 MW project for Mainstream Renewable Power in Chile
- The Nordex Group wins a new contract for construction of a 62 MW wind farm in Turkey
- Nordex Group receives contracts for projects over 128 MW from Europe
- The Nordex Group receives order from Turkey for 77 MW
About Nordex SE
The Nordex Group is one of the world's leading suppliers of wind turbines. The principal focus is on units with a high capacity - above all in the megawatt range: the strongest growth segment in the sector. Under the brand names Nordex, we offer powerful wind turbines for almost all geographic regions across the globe. Onshore and offshore, for desert and permafrost areas. With the largest serial produced wind turbine family in the world (N80/2500 kW, N90/2500 kW, N100/2500 kW and N117/2400 kW) and the powerful megawatt turbines N77/1500 kW and N82/1500 kW, Nordex is able to offer high-efficiency wind turbines for onshore use. The Nordex N150/6000 kW Offshore rounds off our megawatt product family with a machine especially designed for offshore use.
Today more than 4,500 Nordex wind turbines with a total rated output of more than 6,500 megawatts are already rotating in 30 countries of the world. We are represented with offices and subsidiaries in 19 countries.
Press contact at Nordex SE
Phone: +49 - (40) - 300 30 - 1141