Publisher: Nordex SE
Nordex Group to build factory for concrete towers in Spain
- First concrete tower factory in Castilla-La Mancha, SpainHamburg (renewablepress) - A new green start to the economy creates jobs. The latest example is the Nordex Group's concrete tower factory in Castilla-La Mancha, Spain. In Motilla del Palancar the wind turbine manufacturer is now starting the construction work for a factory for the production of concrete towers for its turbines on a 12-hectare site. Following completion in August the Nordex Group will offer jobs for around 300 employees while creating a further 200 jobs with local component suppliers.
- Production facility creates 300 direct new jobs
"We are pleased to be setting up a further industrial nucleus in Motilla del Palancar with our tower-manufacturing facility. This plant will also mean additional employment opportunities in Castilla-La Mancha as a business centre. All in all several hundred people will be employed at the site. But the new factory will also give a sign¡ficant boost to the upstream and downstream sectors. In addition to creating jobs, with our turbine technology we are able to efficiently ensure the success of our customers' wind energy projects and so make our contribution to a long-term clean and sustainable energy supply," says José Luis Blanco, CEO of the Nordex Group.
Like the eleven plants for tower manufacture established by the Nordex Group around the world, the new factory is also based on a mobile concept and is always close to wind farms. With the factory in Motilla del Palancar in future the Group will supply Nordex wind farms under construction in the region, thus shortening transport routes and times and thereby reducing logistics costs. Every week the 20-metre long, convex segments for two 120-metre towers can be manufactured in the plant, to be assembled on site at the wind farms when the wind turbines are installed.
The Nordex Group can look back on 14 years of experience in the manufacture of concrete towers for wind turbines and well in excess of 1,000 concrete towers produced. Today the Nordex Group offers its AW3000 turbines with hub heights of 80, 100, 120 and 140 metres as well as the turbines in the Delta4000 series with a hub height of 120 metres, also with concrete towers.
The Nordex Group - a profile
The Group has installed more than 28 GW of wind energy capacity in over 40 markets and in 2019 generated revenues of EUR 3.3 billion. The company currently employs a workforce of approx. 7,500. The joint manufacturing capacity includes factories in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the United States, India, Argentina and Mexico. The product portfolio is focused on onshore turbines in the 2.4 to 5.X MW class, which are tailor-made for the market requirements of countries with limited space and regions with limited grid capacity.
Download press photo:
© Nordex SE
Hamburg, 26 June 2020
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Nordex SE.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Contact for investors:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Langenhorner Chaussee 600
Online press kit - all press releases from Nordex SE
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Nordex SE« responsible.
More press releases from Nordex SE
- Nordex Group receives orders of 888 megawatts in the second quarter of 2020
- VSB Group places order with the Nordex Group for 40 MW in Finland
- Nordex Group obtains major order for 312 MW from Spain
- The Nordex Group receives order for 43 MW from ABO Wind from Finland
- Nordex Group posts Brazil order for 90 MW
- innogy places order with the Nordex Group for 27 MW project in Germany
- Nordex supplies 27 large turbines to France
- Nordex records first quarter 2020 in line with expectations
- Withdrawal of guidance for financial year 2020 due to COVID-19 pandemic; improved performance in Q1/2020
- Nordex Group receives order to supply 59 MW to Brazil
About Nordex SE
The Nordex Group is one of the world's leading suppliers of wind turbines. The principal focus is on units with a high capacity - above all in the megawatt range: the strongest growth segment in the sector. Under the brand names Nordex, we offer powerful wind turbines for almost all geographic regions across the globe. Onshore and offshore, for desert and permafrost areas. With the largest serial produced wind turbine family in the world (N80/2500 kW, N90/2500 kW, N100/2500 kW and N117/2400 kW) and the powerful megawatt turbines N77/1500 kW and N82/1500 kW, Nordex is able to offer high-efficiency wind turbines for onshore use. The Nordex N150/6000 kW Offshore rounds off our megawatt product family with a machine especially designed for offshore use.
Today more than 4,500 Nordex wind turbines with a total rated output of more than 6,500 megawatts are already rotating in 30 countries of the world. We are represented with offices and subsidiaries in 19 countries.
Press contact at Nordex SE
Phone: +49 - (40) - 300 30 - 1141