Publisher: Nordex SE
Nordex Group obtains major order for 312 MW from Spain
• Largest wind farm in Spain generating electricity at market priceHamburg (renewablepress) - End of June, the Nordex Group has obtained a large order from Spain: the Group will supply and install N149/4.0-4.5 turbines in the 4.8 MW operating mode for the 312 MW "Gecama" wind farm. The customer is Enlight Renewable Energy, an Israeli power utility using renewable energy. "Gecama" is the first project in Spain for the company, which operates in Israel and Europe, and the first joint project with the Nordex Group. The order also includes a Premium Service contract covering a period of 20 years.
• First Spanish project for Enlight Renewable Energy
The "Gecama" project is being set up near the city of Cuenca in the region of Castilla-La Mancha. The Nordex Group will install the Delta4000 turbines with a hub height of 120 metres on concrete towers that the company will produce by itself in its new Spanish factory in Motilla del Palancar in Castilla-La Mancha which starts operation in August 2020. The Nordex Group has been using its own concrete-only towers in addition to tubular steel and hybrid towers since 2006. So far the Nordex Group has installed more than 1,000 turbines worldwide using this tower variant. The Nordex Group also manufactures the nacelles and rotor blades for "Gecama" in Spain. Overall, "Gecama" will be Spain's largest wind farm to date with the electricity generated being sold at the market price.
"We are pleased that our technology is able to make a major contribution to the expansion of wind energy in Spain with another project. We are happy to support Enlight with its first wind project in this country and are delighted that Israel's largest wind farm developer and operator has opted for the turbines from the Delta4000 series. In addition to the low cost of energy and high yields, the N149/4.0-4.5 is particularly suitable for the local wind conditions," says Patxi Landa, CSO of the Nordex Group.
Gilad Yavetz, chief executive officer of Enlight Renewable Energy, said: "We are thrilled to have Nordex Group as our supplier at "Gecama" wind farm. Nordex Group is one of the most successful and recognized companies with high capabilities to fit our needs at the fast growing European market. "Gecama" project, the largest wind farm in Spain, will provide clean energy to 260,000 households and prevent emissions of 150,000 tons of CO2 per year. This project is another achievement for us in our long journey".
Enlight Renewable Energy - a profile
Enlight Renewable Energy, founded in 2008, trades on the Tel-Aviv-125 Index. With 98% of its shares held by the public, Enlight is a leading company in the development, financing, construction, and operations of renewable energy generation projects. The company has operations in Israel and Europe with a diversified portfolio of income-generating projects that total over 750 megawatts. An additional 575 megawatts are in advanced stages towards construction, and 2,000 megawatts more are in initial development stages. Enlight enjoys consistent growth in revenues from long term electricity sales of its yielding assets, and in parallel increasing its diversification to additional markets and clean energy segments.
The Nordex Group - a profile
The Group has installed more than 28 GW of wind energy capacity in over 40 markets and in 2019 generated revenues of EUR 3.3 billion. The company currently employs a workforce of approx. 7,500. The joint manufacturing capacity includes factories in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the United States, India, Argentina and Mexico. The product portfolio is focused on onshore turbines in the 2.4 to 5.X MW class, which are tailor-made for the market requirements of countries with limited space and regions with limited grid capacity.
Download press photo:
© Nordex SE
Hamburg, 10 July 2020
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Nordex SE.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Contact for investors:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Langenhorner Chaussee 600
Online press kit - all press releases from Nordex SE
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Nordex SE« responsible.
More press releases from Nordex SE
- Nordex Group announces potential sale of its 2.7 GW European project development pipeline to RWE
- Nordex Group builds wind farm for its new customer UKA for the first time
- Nordex Group receives order from Colombia
- Nordex Group receives orders of 888 megawatts in the second quarter of 2020
- VSB Group places order with the Nordex Group for 40 MW in Finland
- Nordex Group to build factory for concrete towers in Spain
- The Nordex Group receives order for 43 MW from ABO Wind from Finland
- Nordex Group posts Brazil order for 90 MW
- innogy places order with the Nordex Group for 27 MW project in Germany
- Nordex supplies 27 large turbines to France
About Nordex SE
The Nordex Group is one of the world's leading suppliers of wind turbines. The principal focus is on units with a high capacity - above all in the megawatt range: the strongest growth segment in the sector. Under the brand names Nordex, we offer powerful wind turbines for almost all geographic regions across the globe. Onshore and offshore, for desert and permafrost areas. With the largest serial produced wind turbine family in the world (N80/2500 kW, N90/2500 kW, N100/2500 kW and N117/2400 kW) and the powerful megawatt turbines N77/1500 kW and N82/1500 kW, Nordex is able to offer high-efficiency wind turbines for onshore use. The Nordex N150/6000 kW Offshore rounds off our megawatt product family with a machine especially designed for offshore use.
Today more than 4,500 Nordex wind turbines with a total rated output of more than 6,500 megawatts are already rotating in 30 countries of the world. We are represented with offices and subsidiaries in 19 countries.
Press contact at Nordex SE
Phone: +49 - (40) - 300 30 - 1141