Publisher: Nordex SE
Nordex Group receives an 297 MW order from the USA
© Nordex SEHamburg (renewablepress) - At the end of September, the Nordex Group has received a major order to supply 62 N149/4.0-4.5 turbines for a wind farm in the USA. The machines will be supplied in the 4.8 MW operating mode.
The 297 MW wind farm will be built in the Midwestern United States, construction work is due to start in spring 2021 with commissioning scheduled for the end of the same year.
The project and customer are undisclosed.
The Nordex Group - a profile
The Group has installed more than 29 GW of wind energy capacity in over 40 markets and in 2019 generated revenues of EUR 3.3 billion. The company currently employs a workforce of more than 7,900. The joint manufacturing capacity includes factories in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the United States, India, Argentina and Mexico. The product portfolio is focused on onshore turbines in the 2.4 to 5.X MW class, which are tailor-made for the market requirements of countries with limited space and regions with limited grid capacity.
Download press photo:
© Nordex SE
Hamburg, 06 October 2020
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Nordex SE.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Contact for investors:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Langenhorner Chaussee 600
Online press kit - all press releases from Nordex SE
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Nordex SE« responsible.
More press releases from Nordex SE
- Nordex Group wins orders for 1,229 megawatts in third quarter of 2020 with Delta4000 series accounting for 86 percent
- Nordex Group receives order for 62 MW from the UK
- Regular customer Sancak Enerji issues follow-up order for 24 MW in Turkey to the Nordex Group
- Nordex Group receives new orders for 227 MW from Europe
- The Nordex Group wins order in the USA for 312 MW
- Nordex Group: first N149/5.X installed as planned
- Nordex Group carries out scheduled quality assurance testing of the gearboxes of the initial N149/4.0-4.5 turbines
- The Nordex Group sells 1 GW of capacity in Finland since market entry
- Nordex Group commences turbine installation at its largest wind farm in Europe
- The Nordex Group: The N149 is the most approved turbine in Germany in the first half of 2020
About Nordex SE
The development, manufacture, project management and servicing of wind turbines in the onshore segment has been the core competence and passion of the Nordex Group and its more than 7,900 employees worldwide since 1985. As one of the world's largest wind turbine manufacturers, the Nordex Group offers high-yield, cost-efficient wind turbines under the Acciona Windpower and Nordex brands that enable long-term and economical power generation from wind energy in all geographical and climatic conditions.
The focus is on turbines in the 3 to 5MW+ class, and the Group’s comprehensive product portfolio offers individual solutions for both markets with limited space and regions with limited grid capacities. With more than 29 GW of installed capacity worldwide, Nordex Group systems deliver sustainable energy throughout more than 80 per cent of the world’s energy market (excluding China).
Nordex SE is listed on the TecDAX of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. The management holding company is headquartered in Rostock, while the executive board and administrative offices are based in Hamburg. At production facilities in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the US, and India, the Nordex Group produces its own nacelles, rotor blades and concrete towers. The Group also maintains offices and branches in more than 25 countries.
Press contact at Nordex SE
Phone: +49 - (40) - 300 30 - 1141