Publisher: NOTUS energy GmbH
NOTUS energy Commissions the Most Modern Vestas Wind Turbines in Germany near Prenzlau
Vestas V150 bei Prenzlau
© NOTUS energyPotsdam (renewablepress) - Potsdam-based NOTUS energy commissioned two Vestas V150 wind turbines in northern Brandenburg this week, each with 5.6 MW. Together, the two turbines generate significantly more electricity than the 10,000 private households in the nearby district town of Prenzlau consume.
Notus energy is the first operator in Germany to use the new turbine model from the world market leader for wind turbines. Vestas and Notus Energy have a long-standing partnership. The two V150-5.6 MW turbines form a consolidation of the existing Beesenberg wind farm.
"We achieve similarly high electricity yields here as on the Baltic Sea coast," explains Heiner Röger, managing director of NOTUS energy, an independent power producer based in Potsdam. The landscape north of Prenzlau has been characterized by large fields and intensive agriculture for more than half a century and offers excellent wind conditions.
The Vestas V150 series model generates up to 5.6 megawatts of power. The modern towers used at Prenzlau raise the hub of the rotor blades to 166 meters above the foundation. At this height, the wind at the site reaches an average speed of around 7.5 meters per second.
Enough Electricity for All Private Households in Prenzlau
The two wind turbines are expected to provide significantly more electricity than the good 10,000 private households in Prenzlau consume. According to the municipal utilities, their electricity demand is 21 million kWh per year.
Download press photo:
© NOTUS energy
Potsdam, 21 April 2021
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to NOTUS energy GmbH.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
NOTUS energy Group
CEO Heiner Röger
Tel: +49 (0)331 62043-40
NOTUS energy Group
Tel: +49 171 533 58 85
NOTUS energy GmbH
Online press kit - all press releases from NOTUS energy GmbH
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »NOTUS energy GmbH« responsible.
More press releases from NOTUS energy GmbH
- Celebration with local residents: NOTUS énergie France inaugurates solar park in Baraize
- ‘Colossal Work, Impeccable Professionalism’ - Mayor Perrot of Baraize Praises First NOTUS Solar Park in France
- NOTUS energy Commissions First Solar Park in Mexico
- After crowdfunding: NOTUS starts construction of its first solar power plant in France
- NOTUS Wins First Contract for Wind Farm with 22.5 MW in France
- NOTUS energy and Odessa State Regional Government sign declaration on the construction of three wind farms
- NOTUS plans construction of wind farms with rated output of 270 MW in Ukraine
- "NOTUS is open to partnerships with communities and other businesses"