Publisher: Nordex SE
Nordex: orders from core markets China and Portugal
- Orders for 40 turbines
- positive development in new business
Hamburg - New business continues to pick up at Nordex. The wind turbine manufacturer has now obtained new orders in two major markets. In China and Portugal the company will be delivering 40 turbines in the proven 1.5 and 2.5 MW series in the course of this year.
30 of the machines are going to the Chinese utility Ningxia Electric Power, for which Nordex has already installed more than 160 MW. The S77/1500 turbines will be connected to the grid near the city of Wuzhong in the province of Ningxia. These represent the third and fourth phase in construction of the \"Sunhill\" wind farm and promise an annual yield of around 90 gigawatt hours.
The second order is for ten N90/2300 turbines in the \"Hot Climate\" version for the \"S. Macário II\" wind farm, which Nordex will be installing on a turnkey basis. The customer is Windway, a joint subsidiary of Infusion (energy division of Grupo Meneses) and of the bank group Banco Espírito Santo. The wind farm is being built in the North of Portugal in the Serra de Montemuro. The expected annual energy yield amounts to more than 72 gigawatt hours.
For Windways \"S. Macário II\" is the first wind project in Portugal. Negotiations are in progress for further projects with Nordex in Poland and other European countries.
Hamburg, 24 August 2010
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to
Attention editorial offices: For further questions please contact Mr.
Felix Losada, Nordex SE.
Tel: + 49 (0)40/300 30 1000
Fax: + 49 (0)40/300 30 1333
Online press kit - all press releases from Nordex SE
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Nordex SE« responsible.
More press releases from Nordex SE
- The Nordex Group optimizes annual energy production of legacy turbines with vortex generators
- Nordex Group extends production capacity to 6 GW and increases production and sales
- Nordex Group receives again major order for 302 MW from USA
- Nordex Group reintroduces guidance for 2020 with sales of around EUR 4.4 billion and 2 percent EBITDA margin and releases strategic target for 2022 of sales at around EUR 5 billion and 8 percent EBITDA margin
- Nordex Group wins order in USA for 240 MW
- Nordex Group wins orders for 1,229 megawatts in third quarter of 2020 with Delta4000 series accounting for 86 percent
- Nordex Group receives order for 62 MW from the UK
- Nordex Group receives an 297 MW order from the USA
- Regular customer Sancak Enerji issues follow-up order for 24 MW in Turkey to the Nordex Group
- Nordex Group receives new orders for 227 MW from Europe
About Nordex SE
The development, manufacture, project management and servicing of wind turbines in the onshore segment has been the core competence and passion of the Nordex Group and its more than 7,900 employees worldwide since 1985. As one of the world's largest wind turbine manufacturers, the Nordex Group offers high-yield, cost-efficient wind turbines under the Acciona Windpower and Nordex brands that enable long-term and economical power generation from wind energy in all geographical and climatic conditions.
The focus is on turbines in the 3 to 5MW+ class, and the Group’s comprehensive product portfolio offers individual solutions for both markets with limited space and regions with limited grid capacities. With more than 29 GW of installed capacity worldwide, Nordex Group systems deliver sustainable energy throughout more than 80 per cent of the world’s energy market (excluding China).
Nordex SE is listed on the TecDAX of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. The management holding company is headquartered in Rostock, while the executive board and administrative offices are based in Hamburg. At production facilities in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the US, and India, the Nordex Group produces its own nacelles, rotor blades and concrete towers. The Group also maintains offices and branches in more than 25 countries.
Press contact at Nordex SE
Phone: +49 - (40) - 300 30 - 1141