Publisher: Nordex SE
Nordex secures 243 MW order for U.S. wind farm
- Manufacturer will supply 81 AW125/3000 turbines in TexasHamburg (renewablepress) - The Nordex Group has secured a new, 243 MW wind turbine order for the United States. The manufacturer has completed an agreement to supply eighty-one AW125/3000 turbines to a wind farm in Texas.
The turbines are designed for IEC-2, medium-wind sites. Each turbine will be equipped with a 125-meter rotor and installed on an 87.5-meter tubular steel tower. Installation is expected to begin in early 2017.
This latest deal continues the strong growth of the AW3000 platform in Texas. Other recent orders for AW3000 turbines in the state include the 300 MW \"Green Pastures\" wind complex owned by Capital Dynamics, the 165 MW \"Cameron\" wind farm owned by IKEA and the 93 MW “San Roman” wind farm owned by Acciona.
The U.S. is one of the most important wind markets in the world. The outlook for U.S. wind energy was strengthened by the long-term extension of the federal Production Tax Credit (PTC) in late 2015. With this policy in place, market observers expect wind installations in the U.S. to grow by more than 10,000 MW per year.
Nordex sees great potential in the United States due to the group’s extended product portfolio which now includes the turbines from Acciona Windpower. U.S. customers are particularly enthusiastic about the AW3000 and Delta generation products. To date, Nordex Group has installed a total of 2,380 MW of wind turbines in the U.S.
Download press photo:
The Nordex Group - a profile
The Group has installed more than 18 GW of wind energy in more than 25 markets. In 2015 Nordex and Acciona Windpower generated combined revenues of EUR 3.4 billion. The company currently employs a workforce of around 5,000. The manufacturing group owns factories in Germany, Spain, Brazil and the US, and in the near future will also operate one in India. The product range focuses on onshore turbines in the 1.5 to 3 MW class, which are designed for the market requirements in developed and emerging countries.
Hamburg, 27 July 2016
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Nordex SE.
Attention editorial offices: For further questions please contact
Phone: +49-40-300 30 – 1000
Langenhorner Chaussee 600
Online press kit - all press releases from Nordex SE
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Nordex SE« responsible.
More press releases from Nordex SE
- Nordex Group posts Brazil order for 90 MW
- innogy places order with the Nordex Group for 27 MW project in Germany
- Nordex supplies 27 large turbines to France
- Nordex records first quarter 2020 in line with expectations
- Withdrawal of guidance for financial year 2020 due to COVID-19 pandemic; improved performance in Q1/2020
- Nordex Group receives order to supply 59 MW to Brazil
- Nordex Group refinances successfully its guarantee credit facility for three years
- Nordex: N117/3600 and N131/3600 produce up to a 12% higher yield at sites with moderate and light winds
- Nordex raises earnings guidance following a strong first half
- Extension for Kivivaara wind farm: Nordex raises capacity to 57 MW
About Nordex SE
The Nordex Group is one of the world's leading suppliers of wind turbines. The principal focus is on units with a high capacity - above all in the megawatt range: the strongest growth segment in the sector. Under the brand names Nordex, we offer powerful wind turbines for almost all geographic regions across the globe. Onshore and offshore, for desert and permafrost areas. With the largest serial produced wind turbine family in the world (N80/2500 kW, N90/2500 kW, N100/2500 kW and N117/2400 kW) and the powerful megawatt turbines N77/1500 kW and N82/1500 kW, Nordex is able to offer high-efficiency wind turbines for onshore use. The Nordex N150/6000 kW Offshore rounds off our megawatt product family with a machine especially designed for offshore use.
Today more than 4,500 Nordex wind turbines with a total rated output of more than 6,500 megawatts are already rotating in 30 countries of the world. We are represented with offices and subsidiaries in 19 countries.
Press contact at Nordex SE
Phone: +49 - (40) - 300 30 - 1141