Publisher: Nordex SE
Nordex Group awarded contract in Brazil
- Order from utility Furnas for a 123-MW wind farmHamburg (renewablepress) - The Nordex Group has been awarded a contract for the delivery and installation of the “Fortim” wind farm. With a capacity of 123 megawatts, the project will comprise 41 AW125/3000 turbines. Installation work will be commencing at the beginning of 2019. The customer is the Brazilian utility Furnas, a subsidiary of Centrais Elétricas Brasileiras S.A. - Eletrobras.
The contract also includes service for a period of at least five years. In addition, the project will have a large portion of local content. Thus, Nordex will be producing the turbines at its Brazilian plant and the 120-metre high towers at a further Group facility not far from the wind farm.
The project is located in the state of Ceará in north-eastern Brazil. This coastal location is characterised by strong wind conditions with low turbulence for which the AW125/3000 has been designed. The wind farm will have a capacity factor of a good 40 percent.
About the Nordex Group
The Group has installed wind power capacity of more than 23 GW in over 25 markets, generating sales of around EUR 3.1 billion in 2017. It currently has roughly 5,000 employees. The production network comprises plants in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the United States and India. The product range primarily concentrates on onshore turbines in the 1.5 - 4.8 MW class addressing the requirements of land constrained as well as grid constrained markets.
Download press photo:
Hamburg, 25 June 2018
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Nordex SE.
Attention editorial offices: For further questions please contact
Langenhorner Chaussee 600
Online press kit - all press releases from Nordex SE
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Nordex SE« responsible.
More press releases from Nordex SE
- Nordex Group posts Brazil order for 90 MW
- innogy places order with the Nordex Group for 27 MW project in Germany
- Nordex supplies 27 large turbines to France
- Nordex records first quarter 2020 in line with expectations
- Withdrawal of guidance for financial year 2020 due to COVID-19 pandemic; improved performance in Q1/2020
- Nordex Group receives order to supply 59 MW to Brazil
- Nordex Group refinances successfully its guarantee credit facility for three years
- Nordex: N117/3600 and N131/3600 produce up to a 12% higher yield at sites with moderate and light winds
- Nordex raises earnings guidance following a strong first half
- Nordex secures 243 MW order for U.S. wind farm
About Nordex SE
The Nordex Group is one of the world's leading suppliers of wind turbines. The principal focus is on units with a high capacity - above all in the megawatt range: the strongest growth segment in the sector. Under the brand names Nordex, we offer powerful wind turbines for almost all geographic regions across the globe. Onshore and offshore, for desert and permafrost areas. With the largest serial produced wind turbine family in the world (N80/2500 kW, N90/2500 kW, N100/2500 kW and N117/2400 kW) and the powerful megawatt turbines N77/1500 kW and N82/1500 kW, Nordex is able to offer high-efficiency wind turbines for onshore use. The Nordex N150/6000 kW Offshore rounds off our megawatt product family with a machine especially designed for offshore use.
Today more than 4,500 Nordex wind turbines with a total rated output of more than 6,500 megawatts are already rotating in 30 countries of the world. We are represented with offices and subsidiaries in 19 countries.
Press contact at Nordex SE
Phone: +49 - (40) - 300 30 - 1141