Publisher: Nordex SE
Nordex Group presents new turbine in the Delta4000 series for less complex sites
- N155/4.5 optimizes performance for large growth markets with fewer siting restrictionsHamburg (renewablepress) - From 20 - 23 May 2019 the Nordex Group will present the fourth turbine model in the Delta4000 series, the N155/4.5, at Windpower USA in Houston. The N155 utilizes the same proven mechanical architecture of the Delta4000 series but adds a longer glass fiber rotor and a different hub set-up to optimize performance for specific site conditions. The turbine has a rated capacity of 4.5 MW and a rotor diameter of 155 meters.
José Luis Blanco, CEO of the Nordex Group, remarks: “This product is a logical extension of the Nordex Group’s product strategy to leverage common components while creating optimized derivatives to achieve the lowest cost of energy for specific markets. The standard technical platform of the Delta4000 series enables us to continuously develop highly efficient solutions for a wide range of wind regimes and adapting the products to different, very particular market requirements.”
The N155/4.5 is aimed at growth markets with medium wind conditions and without strict requirements on maximum noise levels or high levels of effective turbulence intensity. This could include locations around the globe but will fit optimally in much of the United States, Latin America, South Africa, and Southeast Asia.
The turbine will be initially launched with three tower configurations including a 108m steel tower, 120m concrete tower, and 164m hybrid tower. Production of the N155/4.5 is due to start in late 2020.
The Nordex Group at Windpower USA 2019: Stand No. 2521
The Nordex Group - a profile
The Group has installed more than 25 GW of wind energy capacity in over 40 markets and in 2018 generated revenues of around EUR 2.5 billion. The company currently has more than 5,500 employees. The joint manufacturing capacity includes factories in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the United States, India and in the near future Argentina and Mexico. The product portfolio is focused on onshore turbines in the 2.4 to 5.X MW class, which are tailor-made for the market requirements in countries with limited space and regions with limited grid capacity.
Download press photo:
© Nordex SE
Hamburg, 20 May 2019
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Nordex SE.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Contact for investors:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Langenhorner Chaussee 600
Online press kit - all press releases from Nordex SE
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Nordex SE« responsible.
More press releases from Nordex SE
- Nordex Group obtains major order for 312 MW from Spain
- Nordex Group to build factory for concrete towers in Spain
- The Nordex Group receives order for 43 MW from ABO Wind from Finland
- Nordex Group posts Brazil order for 90 MW
- innogy places order with the Nordex Group for 27 MW project in Germany
- Nordex supplies 27 large turbines to France
- Nordex records first quarter 2020 in line with expectations
- Withdrawal of guidance for financial year 2020 due to COVID-19 pandemic; improved performance in Q1/2020
- Nordex Group receives order to supply 59 MW to Brazil
- Nordex Group refinances successfully its guarantee credit facility for three years
About Nordex SE
The Nordex Group is one of the world's leading suppliers of wind turbines. The principal focus is on units with a high capacity - above all in the megawatt range: the strongest growth segment in the sector. Under the brand names Nordex, we offer powerful wind turbines for almost all geographic regions across the globe. Onshore and offshore, for desert and permafrost areas. With the largest serial produced wind turbine family in the world (N80/2500 kW, N90/2500 kW, N100/2500 kW and N117/2400 kW) and the powerful megawatt turbines N77/1500 kW and N82/1500 kW, Nordex is able to offer high-efficiency wind turbines for onshore use. The Nordex N150/6000 kW Offshore rounds off our megawatt product family with a machine especially designed for offshore use.
Today more than 4,500 Nordex wind turbines with a total rated output of more than 6,500 megawatts are already rotating in 30 countries of the world. We are represented with offices and subsidiaries in 19 countries.
Press contact at Nordex SE
Phone: +49 - (40) - 300 30 - 1141