Publisher: Nordex SE
Strong performer: the Nordex Group scores with N133 order for subsidy free project in Scotland
- First order for new N133/4.8 strong-wind turbine.Hamburg (renewablepress) - The Nordex Group has won an order for the installation of ten N133/4.8 turbines at the "Crossdykes" project in Scotland, which is located 13 kilometres to the north east of Lockerbie, for its new customer, Muirhall Energy. This is the first order for the Nordex Group for the strong wind variant in the Delta4000 generation presented in spring 2018. Construction work is due to start in 2019. Nordex will provide maintenance and service for the wind farm for a period of 20 years.
- First project financed, merchant wind project
- Planning consent allows for deployment of N133 on 110m tower, helping to make the project viable for subsidy-free operation.
With the high installed capacity of the turbines of 4.8 MW, their hub height of 110 metres and a good wind profile, Muirhall Energy is to operate the wind farm without government funding. After its completion in 2020 "Crossdykes" will be able to supply 45,000 households with clean electricity.
"The wind farm will be operated without financial support from the government. This shows that the production of electricity from wind power using the latest technology at very good sites can compete with conventional sources of energy," says Patxi Landa, CSO of the Nordex Group.
Chris Walker, Managing Director of Muirhall Energy, says: “We are delighted to be starting construction on what will be one of the first subsidy-free developments to come online in the UK. That is testament to the work we have done as a company, but also the flexibility shown by all of our partners, such as the Nordex Group, as we finalised our plans for the project.”
The service agreement concluded with Muirhall Energy is linked to production-based availability. This offers security in terms of production for the wind farm operator and in turn makes it possible for Nordex to carry out preventive maintenance work, depending on the wind.
The Nordex Group - a profile
The Group has installed more than 25 GW of wind energy capacity in over 40 markets and in 2018 generated revenues of around EUR 2.5 billion. The company currently has more than 5,500 employees. The joint manufacturing capacity includes factories in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the United States, India, Argentina and Mexico. The product portfolio is focused on onshore turbines in the 2.4 to 5.X MW class, which are tailor-made for the market requirements in countries with limited space and regions with limited grid capacity.
Muirhall Energy - a profile
Muirhall Energy is an independent developer of renewable energy based in South Lanarkshire, Scotland. The company currently has a consented portfolio of almost 400 MW.
Download press photo:
© Nordex SE
Hamburg, 03 September 2019
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Nordex SE.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Contact for investors:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Langenhorner Chaussee 600
Online press kit - all press releases from Nordex SE
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Nordex SE« responsible.
More press releases from Nordex SE
- Nordex Group wins 83 MW project in Brazil
- Nordex Group expects considerable sales growth in 2019
- Nordex receives orders from Luxembourg and Italy
- Nordex Group enters Ukraine market with a 133 MW order
- Nordex Group signs major contract for 150 MW project in the USA
- The Nordex Group to build two more wind farms for Vattenfall in the Netherlands
- Nordex obtains 300 MW order for major project in India
- The Nordex Group wins orders for 25 N149 turbines in Finland
- Nordex Group obtains TÜV SÜD certification for N149 turbine in accordance with IEC and DIBt
- Nordex Group has connected 207 MW wind farm successfully to the grid according to schedule
About Nordex SE
The Nordex Group is one of the world's leading suppliers of wind turbines. The principal focus is on units with a high capacity - above all in the megawatt range: the strongest growth segment in the sector. Under the brand names Nordex, we offer powerful wind turbines for almost all geographic regions across the globe. Onshore and offshore, for desert and permafrost areas. With the largest serial produced wind turbine family in the world (N80/2500 kW, N90/2500 kW, N100/2500 kW and N117/2400 kW) and the powerful megawatt turbines N77/1500 kW and N82/1500 kW, Nordex is able to offer high-efficiency wind turbines for onshore use. The Nordex N150/6000 kW Offshore rounds off our megawatt product family with a machine especially designed for offshore use.
Today more than 4,500 Nordex wind turbines with a total rated output of more than 6,500 megawatts are already rotating in 30 countries of the world. We are represented with offices and subsidiaries in 19 countries.
Press contact at Nordex SE
Phone: +49 - (40) - 300 30 - 1141