Publisher: Nordex SE
Nordex Group receives three new orders totalling 172 MW from the Netherlands
- Manufacturer to supply 44 turbines with minimal electromagnetic radiationHamburg (renewablepress) - In addition to the already published European orders received end of 2019, in December the Nordex Group was awarded on top to those orders a contract to install the Dutch wind farm "De Drentse Monden en Oostermoer" (DMO) as well. The manufacturer will supply 44 N131/3900 turbines including the foundations with a capacity of 171.6 MW to its customers Duurzame Energieproductie Exloermond BV, Raedthuys DDM B.V. and Windpark Oostermoer Exploitatie B.V.. Together these three projects form the "DMO (De Drentse Monden en Oostermoer)" wind farm. Nordex will also be providing service for all these turbines after installation on the basis of a Premium Service contract for a period of 25 years. The turbine delivery and installation will start from the second half of 2020.
The "DMO" wind farm is located to the south-east of Groningen, in the province of Drenthe near Exloo in the immediate vicinity of the central antenna field of the "Low-Frequency Array" (LOFAR). LOFAR, which is run by ASTRON, the Dutch Institute for Radio Astronomy, is a Europe-wide network of thousand highly sensitive radio antennas. It is used in the world's largest array of antennas for research into the universe.
The antennas are very sensitive to electromagnetic radiation. Like every other electrical device, a wind turbine emits a certain amount of electromagnetic radiation. The highest permitted levels of this radiation are regulated by law. All wind turbines from the Nordex Group easily meet the required standard.
The 172 MW order was awarded on condition that the emission level of electromagnetic radiation would be reduced to a predefined absolute minimum. In order to ensure that this could be done, the Nordex Group developed a predefined, extremely low-radiation version of the N131 turbine and installed the test turbine on site in the summer of 2019. ASTRON was able to confirm the very low electro-magnetic radiation on site in a highly complex measuring procedure using the LOFAR antennas and their own technology. This meant that the order for the other 44 N131/3900 turbines could be placed in December 2019. The Nordex Group booked receipt of the order for the test turbine in 2018. In its final form the "DMO" wind farm will comprise 45 turbines with a total of 175.5 MW.
"We are pleased to have been awarded the contract for this challenging project. At the customer's request we have successfully implemented a new technological solution. Now we can offer our N131 turbines for other projects with similarly demanding requirements regarding minimal electromagnetic radiation," says Patxi Landa, CSO of the Nordex Group.
The Nordex Group - a profile
The Group has installed more than 27 GW of wind energy capacity in over 40 markets and in 2018 generated revenues of around EUR 2.5 billion. The company has more than 6,000 employees. The joint manufacturing capacity includes factories in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the United States, India, Argentina and Mexico. The product portfolio is focused on onshore turbines in the 2.4 to 5.X MW class, which are tailor-made for the market requirements of countries with limited space and regions with limited grid capacity.
Download press photos:
© Nordex SE
Hamburg, 08 January 2020
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Nordex SE.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Contact for investors:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Langenhorner Chaussee 600
Online press kit - all press releases from Nordex SE
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Nordex SE« responsible.
More press releases from Nordex SE
- Nordex Group obtains major order for 312 MW from Spain
- Nordex Group to build factory for concrete towers in Spain
- The Nordex Group receives order for 43 MW from ABO Wind from Finland
- Nordex Group posts Brazil order for 90 MW
- innogy places order with the Nordex Group for 27 MW project in Germany
- Nordex supplies 27 large turbines to France
- Nordex records first quarter 2020 in line with expectations
- Withdrawal of guidance for financial year 2020 due to COVID-19 pandemic; improved performance in Q1/2020
- Nordex Group receives order to supply 59 MW to Brazil
- Nordex Group refinances successfully its guarantee credit facility for three years
About Nordex SE
The Nordex Group is one of the world's leading suppliers of wind turbines. The principal focus is on units with a high capacity - above all in the megawatt range: the strongest growth segment in the sector. Under the brand names Nordex, we offer powerful wind turbines for almost all geographic regions across the globe. Onshore and offshore, for desert and permafrost areas. With the largest serial produced wind turbine family in the world (N80/2500 kW, N90/2500 kW, N100/2500 kW and N117/2400 kW) and the powerful megawatt turbines N77/1500 kW and N82/1500 kW, Nordex is able to offer high-efficiency wind turbines for onshore use. The Nordex N150/6000 kW Offshore rounds off our megawatt product family with a machine especially designed for offshore use.
Today more than 4,500 Nordex wind turbines with a total rated output of more than 6,500 megawatts are already rotating in 30 countries of the world. We are represented with offices and subsidiaries in 19 countries.
Press contact at Nordex SE
Phone: +49 - (40) - 300 30 - 1141