Publisher: Nordex SE
The Nordex Group achieves order intake of more than 1.6 GW in the first quarter of 2020
- 85 per cent of the megawatt sold are from the Delta4000 series
- 93 turbines from the new 5MW+ class sold
Hamburg (renewablepress) - The Nordex Group has closed the first quarter of 2020 with an order intake of 1.644 GW, increasing the volume of firm orders in a year-on-year comparison by almost 59 per cent (Q1/2019: 1.035 GW).
At around 1,292 MW, demand in Europe was particularly high, accounting for almost 79 per cent of total order volume. The strongest individual markets were Norway, Great Britain, Turkey and Finland. In Norway alone, the Nordex Group secured a large order for the new N149/5.X turbine with a total volume of 400 MW.
Orders from South America were also positive, amounting to 269 MW in Chile, and 83 MW in Brazil.
“With more than 1.6 gigawatts of order intake in the first quarter, the Nordex Group has once again shown very good and stable order intake; this is the result of our successful product strategy. With 1.4 gigawatts, the Delta4000 series alone accounted for 85 per cent of the turbines sold. The high proportion of our new 5MW+ class turbines introduced in 2019, with 93 turbines alone sought in this category, is particularly pleasing," explains José Luis Blanco, CEO of the Nordex Group.
The Nordex Group - a profile
The Group has installed more than 28 GW of wind power capacity in over 40 markets and generated sales of around EUR 3.3 billion in 2019. The company currently has more than 6,800 employees. The Group’s manufacturing network includes factories in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the USA, India, Argentina and Mexico. The product portfolio is focused on onshore turbines in the 2.4 to 5.X MW class which are designed to meet the market requirements of countries with limited available space and regions with limited grid capacity.
Download press photo:
© Nordex SE
Hamburg, 03 April 2020
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Nordex SE.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Contact for investors:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Langenhorner Chaussee 600
Online press kit - all press releases from Nordex SE
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Nordex SE« responsible.
More press releases from Nordex SE
- The Nordex Group optimizes annual energy production of legacy turbines with vortex generators
- Nordex Group extends production capacity to 6 GW and increases production and sales
- Nordex Group receives again major order for 302 MW from USA
- Nordex Group reintroduces guidance for 2020 with sales of around EUR 4.4 billion and 2 percent EBITDA margin and releases strategic target for 2022 of sales at around EUR 5 billion and 8 percent EBITDA margin
- Nordex Group wins order in USA for 240 MW
- Nordex Group wins orders for 1,229 megawatts in third quarter of 2020 with Delta4000 series accounting for 86 percent
- Nordex Group receives order for 62 MW from the UK
- Nordex Group receives an 297 MW order from the USA
- Regular customer Sancak Enerji issues follow-up order for 24 MW in Turkey to the Nordex Group
- Nordex Group receives new orders for 227 MW from Europe
About Nordex SE
The development, manufacture, project management and servicing of wind turbines in the onshore segment has been the core competence and passion of the Nordex Group and its more than 7,900 employees worldwide since 1985. As one of the world's largest wind turbine manufacturers, the Nordex Group offers high-yield, cost-efficient wind turbines under the Acciona Windpower and Nordex brands that enable long-term and economical power generation from wind energy in all geographical and climatic conditions.
The focus is on turbines in the 3 to 5MW+ class, and the Group’s comprehensive product portfolio offers individual solutions for both markets with limited space and regions with limited grid capacities. With more than 29 GW of installed capacity worldwide, Nordex Group systems deliver sustainable energy throughout more than 80 per cent of the world’s energy market (excluding China).
Nordex SE is listed on the TecDAX of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. The management holding company is headquartered in Rostock, while the executive board and administrative offices are based in Hamburg. At production facilities in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the US, and India, the Nordex Group produces its own nacelles, rotor blades and concrete towers. The Group also maintains offices and branches in more than 25 countries.
Press contact at Nordex SE
Phone: +49 - (40) - 300 30 - 1141