Publisher: Nordex SE
The Nordex Group achieves order intake of more than 1.6 GW in the first quarter of 2020
- 85 per cent of the megawatt sold are from the Delta4000 seriesHamburg (renewablepress) - The Nordex Group has closed the first quarter of 2020 with an order intake of 1.644 GW, increasing the volume of firm orders in a year-on-year comparison by almost 59 per cent (Q1/2019: 1.035 GW).
- 93 turbines from the new 5MW+ class sold
At around 1,292 MW, demand in Europe was particularly high, accounting for almost 79 per cent of total order volume. The strongest individual markets were Norway, Great Britain, Turkey and Finland. In Norway alone, the Nordex Group secured a large order for the new N149/5.X turbine with a total volume of 400 MW.
Orders from South America were also positive, amounting to 269 MW in Chile, and 83 MW in Brazil.
“With more than 1.6 gigawatts of order intake in the first quarter, the Nordex Group has once again shown very good and stable order intake; this is the result of our successful product strategy. With 1.4 gigawatts, the Delta4000 series alone accounted for 85 per cent of the turbines sold. The high proportion of our new 5MW+ class turbines introduced in 2019, with 93 turbines alone sought in this category, is particularly pleasing," explains José Luis Blanco, CEO of the Nordex Group.
The Nordex Group - a profile
The Group has installed more than 28 GW of wind power capacity in over 40 markets and generated sales of around EUR 3.3 billion in 2019. The company currently has more than 6,800 employees. The Group’s manufacturing network includes factories in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the USA, India, Argentina and Mexico. The product portfolio is focused on onshore turbines in the 2.4 to 5.X MW class which are designed to meet the market requirements of countries with limited available space and regions with limited grid capacity.
Download press photo:
© Nordex SE
Hamburg, 03 April 2020
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Nordex SE.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Contact for investors:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Langenhorner Chaussee 600
Online press kit - all press releases from Nordex SE
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Nordex SE« responsible.
More press releases from Nordex SE
- Nordex Group posts Brazil order for 90 MW
- innogy places order with the Nordex Group for 27 MW project in Germany
- Nordex supplies 27 large turbines to France
- Nordex records first quarter 2020 in line with expectations
- Withdrawal of guidance for financial year 2020 due to COVID-19 pandemic; improved performance in Q1/2020
- Nordex Group receives order to supply 59 MW to Brazil
- Nordex Group refinances successfully its guarantee credit facility for three years
- Nordex: N117/3600 and N131/3600 produce up to a 12% higher yield at sites with moderate and light winds
- Nordex raises earnings guidance following a strong first half
- Nordex secures 243 MW order for U.S. wind farm
About Nordex SE
The Nordex Group is one of the world's leading suppliers of wind turbines. The principal focus is on units with a high capacity - above all in the megawatt range: the strongest growth segment in the sector. Under the brand names Nordex, we offer powerful wind turbines for almost all geographic regions across the globe. Onshore and offshore, for desert and permafrost areas. With the largest serial produced wind turbine family in the world (N80/2500 kW, N90/2500 kW, N100/2500 kW and N117/2400 kW) and the powerful megawatt turbines N77/1500 kW and N82/1500 kW, Nordex is able to offer high-efficiency wind turbines for onshore use. The Nordex N150/6000 kW Offshore rounds off our megawatt product family with a machine especially designed for offshore use.
Today more than 4,500 Nordex wind turbines with a total rated output of more than 6,500 megawatts are already rotating in 30 countries of the world. We are represented with offices and subsidiaries in 19 countries.
Press contact at Nordex SE
Phone: +49 - (40) - 300 30 - 1141