Publisher: Nordex SE
Nordex Group refinances successfully its guarantee credit facility for three years
• EUR 1.21 billion guarantee credit facility tied to ESG criteria Hamburg (renewablepress) -The Nordex Group refinanced successfully its guarantee credit facility of EUR 1.21 billion for three years until April 2023. The guarantee facility provided by an international banking syndicate allows the Nordex Group to secure its project business with customers with bank guarantees in the respective main currencies.
• International banking syndicate comprising 21 banks and insurances
• Two one-year renewal options
“Given the difficult market environment, this refinancing is an extraordinary success which we owe to our partner banks, who have made this possible by showing their confidence in Nordex and their untiring support," says Christoph Burkhard, CFO of the Nordex Group.
Comprising 21 national and international banks and insurances, the banking syndicate led by Banca IMI (Intesa Sanpaolo Group), BNP Paribas, Commerzbank, HSBC and UniCredit Bank has a strong foundation. In view of the continuing positive order intake trend and the Group’s numerous international projects, this guarantee facility is of great importance for Nordex. The facility is unsecured and also includes an ancillary facility of EUR 100 million, which can be used to draw on bilateral bank loans or guarantees.
This guarantee facility has been certified as sustainable after having received a B rating under ESG criteria by ISS Oekom, a leading global provider of sustainability analyses. This means that the Nordex Group now has a further sustainable financing instrument in place in addition to the "green" promissory note and the Green Bond.
The guarantee facility has an initial tenor of three years and is scheduled to mature in April 2023. The facility includes the option of extending it twice for another year each time, but requesting prior approval by lenders.
About the Nordex Group
The Group has installed more than 28 GW of wind power capacity in over 40 markets and generated sales of around EUR 3.3 billion in 2019. The company currently has more than 6,800 employees. The Group’s manufacturing network includes factories in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the USA, India, Argentina and Mexico. The product portfolio is focused on onshore turbines in the 2.4 to 5.X MW class which are designed to meet the market requirements of countries with limited available space and regions with limited grid capacity.
Download press photo:
© Nordex SE
Hamburg, 27 April 2020
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Nordex SE.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Contact for investors:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Langenhorner Chaussee 600
Online press kit - all press releases from Nordex SE
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Nordex SE« responsible.
More press releases from Nordex SE
- Nordex Group posts Brazil order for 90 MW
- innogy places order with the Nordex Group for 27 MW project in Germany
- Nordex supplies 27 large turbines to France
- Nordex records first quarter 2020 in line with expectations
- Withdrawal of guidance for financial year 2020 due to COVID-19 pandemic; improved performance in Q1/2020
- Nordex Group receives order to supply 59 MW to Brazil
- Nordex: N117/3600 and N131/3600 produce up to a 12% higher yield at sites with moderate and light winds
- Nordex raises earnings guidance following a strong first half
- Nordex secures 243 MW order for U.S. wind farm
- Extension for Kivivaara wind farm: Nordex raises capacity to 57 MW
About Nordex SE
The Nordex Group is one of the world's leading suppliers of wind turbines. The principal focus is on units with a high capacity - above all in the megawatt range: the strongest growth segment in the sector. Under the brand names Nordex, we offer powerful wind turbines for almost all geographic regions across the globe. Onshore and offshore, for desert and permafrost areas. With the largest serial produced wind turbine family in the world (N80/2500 kW, N90/2500 kW, N100/2500 kW and N117/2400 kW) and the powerful megawatt turbines N77/1500 kW and N82/1500 kW, Nordex is able to offer high-efficiency wind turbines for onshore use. The Nordex N150/6000 kW Offshore rounds off our megawatt product family with a machine especially designed for offshore use.
Today more than 4,500 Nordex wind turbines with a total rated output of more than 6,500 megawatts are already rotating in 30 countries of the world. We are represented with offices and subsidiaries in 19 countries.
Press contact at Nordex SE
Phone: +49 - (40) - 300 30 - 1141