Publisher: VGB PowerTech e.V.
Better use of the digital data potential of wind turbines with WiPPeX
• Optimisation of operating results of wind power plants by specific evaluation of plant dataEssen (renewablepress) - VGB PowerTech, the technical association of power plant operators, has now launched its independent database for the comparison of wind turbine platforms under the abbreviation WiPPeX (Wind Power Performance Data Exchange). The structure of the database ensures a performance comparison of individual wind energy platforms. SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) data are fed in as 10-minute averages, i.e. more than 50,000 data records per wind turbine per operating year. The data sets include information on the current wind speed, wind direction, nacelle orientation, pitch angle, active and reactive power, rotor and generator speed as well as other characteristic plant parameters. The database and its data basis are continuously expanded in cooperation with the plant operators.
• New database WiPPeX (Wind Power Performance Data Exchange) from VGB PowerTech provides comparative data - 50,000 data sets per plant and year
• Benchmarks for the wind power plant operator individually possible
• Server base in Germany ensures security of data
• Participation in WiPPeX open for all operators
The member companies Stadtwerke München (SWM), EnBW and Vattenfall of VGB PowerTech are now participating in WiPPeX with the wind turbine platform “Vestas V90-2MW” and have made the data available retroactively as of 1 January 2019, thus creating a broad data basis for first analyses.
Stefan Bogenberger, Head of Renewable Energy at SWM Services GmbH, Chairman of the VGB Strategic Forum “Wind”: “By comparing the data for a plant type – anonymised by VGB –, benchmarks for the particular wind turbines can be generated individually by the participating company and thus actions for optimisation can be derived.”
WiPPeX is a further contribution of VGB PowerTech to create technical optimisation opportunities for wind energy. The participation in WiPPeX is open to all operators of wind power plants.
VGB PowerTech is the technical association of power plant operators. VGB brings together technical competence and services in the fields of technology, operation, environmental protection and climate protection as well as operation and maintenance management for all concerning technologies.
Download press photo:
© VGB PowerTech e.V.
Essen, 15 July 2020
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to VGB PowerTech e.V..
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Dipl.-Ing. Christopher Weßelmann
Telephone: +49 (0)201 8128 300
Dipl.-Ing. Ulrich Langnickel
Senior Expert Wind Energy and Distributed Generation
Tel: +49(0) 201 8128-238
VGB PowerTech e.V.
Online press kit - all press releases from VGB PowerTech e.V.
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »VGB PowerTech e.V.« responsible.