Publisher: Deutsche Windtechnik AG
Deutsche Windtechnik Ltd. receives a new service contract in the United Kingdom
Edinburgh, Scotland /Bremen, Germany (renewablepress) - In addition to Scottish Power and Ventient Energy, the global developer and operator RES will now also be working with the independent full-service provider Deutsche Windtechnik in the UK: Effective July 2018, Deutsche Windtechnik Ltd. is in charge of providing complete maintenance for RES's wind farm Forss. The wind farm, which is located on the north coast of Scotland, comprises six Siemens SWT-1.3-62 wind turbines.
"We look forward to working together with RES, who manage the Forss site on behalf of the owners, and we are proud to have convinced another major UK operator of the quality and high safety standards of our services. As the UK market continues to move towards independent service providers, Deutsche Windtechnik are fully prepared and have the local and international infrastructure to be able to improve wind turbine performance, while also delivering the guarantees associated with the OEM," said Billy Stevenson, Managing Director of Deutsche Windtechnik Ltd.
Forss Wind Farm Ltd. is owned by The Renewable Investment Group (TRIG). TRIG stated: “Located in Caithness, in one of the UK’s windiest locations, Forss wind farm is one of the original projects within TRIG’s portfolio. During our discussions with Deutsche Windtechnik, we have been impressed with the capabilities they’ve demonstrated in Scotland and their wide knowledge and experience of wind turbine servicing. We are looking forward to working with Deutsche Windtechnik to optimise operational performance at Forss.”
National teams of specialists in the UK
Deutsche Windtechnik's UK subsidiary was established in 2015 and has experienced healthy growth since then. In 2017 / 2018, the size of the portfolio of plants managed in the UK more than tripled. The new agreement brings the number of Siemens and NEG Micon wind turbines that Deutsche Windtechnik Ltd. has service contracts for to 365. At the end of 2016 that figure was just 107. As a result, the number of people employed by the company has increased to 80, including national specialist teams for QHSE, engineering, large component replacement and offshore operations.
About Deutsche Windtechnik AG
Bremen-based Deutsche Windtechnik AG offers full scope from a single source for the technical maintenance of wind turbines in Europe and the USA. The company operates both onshore and offshore. More than 3,000 wind turbines are serviced by over 1,000 employees throughout Europe as part of permanent maintenance contracts (basic and full maintenance). Its system engineering focuses on Vestas/NEG Micon, Siemens/AN Bonus, Nordex, Senvion, Fuhrländer and Gamesa turbines.
RES is one of the world's leading independent renewable energy developers with operations across Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific. RES has developed and/or built more than 13,000 MW of renewable energy capacity worldwide. In the UK alone RES is responsible for approximately 10% of the current wind energy capacity.
Edinburgh, Scotland / Bremen, Germany, 01. May 2018
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Deutsche Windtechnik AG.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Deutsche Windtechnik AG
Tel: + 49 (0)421 – 69 105 330
Mob: + 49 (0)172- 263 77 89
Deutsche Windtechnik AG
Stephanitorsbollwerk 1 (Haus LEE)
Online press kit - all press releases from Deutsche Windtechnik AG
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Deutsche Windtechnik AG« responsible.
More press releases from Deutsche Windtechnik AG
- Deutsche Windtechnik and Rabbalshede Kraft sign full service contract for Enercon turbines
- Deutsche Windtechnik is taking over turbine service for the new Senvion turbines at the Trianel Windpark Borkum II offshore wind farm
- Deutsche Windtechnik wins contract to provide maintenance for Senvion 6.2M – all installed Senvion power classes are now serviced
- Deutsche Windtechnik S.L.U. signs another large service contract for Gamesa turbines in Spain
- Deutsche Windtechnik Ltd. adds Senvion technology to brand expertise in the UK – five innogy-wind farms commissioned
- Deutsche Windtechnik achieves a new milestone: Maintenance for Siemens SWT-3.6 at the Riffgat offshore wind farm
- Dismantling concepts for old wind turbines are becoming safer and more efficient – the lattice mast of a Vestas V47 at the Blender wind farm has been blasted
- Deutsche Windtechnik acquires variable rotor blade clamping systems at the Hamburg WindEnergy 2018
- Deutsche Windtechnik is off to a successful start at the Hamburg WindEnergy 2018 – Long-term service contracts signed for 56 MW
- Deutsche Windtechnik welcomes polar researcher Arved Fuchs and his crew at the Butendiek offshore wind farm
About Deutsche Windtechnik AG
Bremen-based Deutsche Windtechnik AG offers a single-source full technical maintenance package for wind turbines in Europe and the USA. The company operates both onshore and offshore.
More than 3,000 wind turbines are serviced by over 1,000 employees as part of permanent maintenance contracts (basic and full maintenance). Its system engineering focuses on Vestas/NEG Micon, Siemens/AN Bonus, Nordex, Senvion, Fuhrländer, Gamesa and Enercon turbines.
Deutsche Windtechnik take occupational safety and environmental protection very seriously, so all of their services are certified in accordance with ISO 9001:2015, BS OHSAS 18001:2007, ISO 14001:2015.
Press contact at Deutsche Windtechnik AG