Publisher: Nordex SE
Nordex Group signs major contract for 150 MW project in the USA
Hamburg (renewablepress) - With a major order from the USA, the Nordex Group has successfully completed the 2018 year-end spurt in one of the largest growth markets for wind energy. In December, the company signed a contract with an independent power producer to supply 48 turbines from the AW125/3150 series.
Nordex plans to deliver the first turbines for the 150 MW wind farm in the 3rd quarter of 2019 to the site situated in Texas.
In 2017, the Nordex Group had a market share of 11 percent in the United States.
The Nordex Group - a profile
The Group has installed more than 23 GW of wind energy capacity in over 25 markets and in 2017 generated revenues of EUR 3.1 billion. The company currently has more than 5,000 employees. The joint manufacturing capacity includes factories in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the United States and India. The product portfolio is focused on onshore turbines in the 1.5 to 4.8 MW class, which are tailor-made for the market requirements in countries with limited space and regions with limited grid capacity.
Download press photo:
© Nordex SE
Hamburg, 11 January 2019
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Nordex SE.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Contact for investors:
Langenhorner Chaussee 600
Online press kit - all press releases from Nordex SE
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Nordex SE« responsible.
More press releases from Nordex SE
- Nordex: N117/3600 and N131/3600 produce up to a 12% higher yield at sites with moderate and light winds
- Nordex raises earnings guidance following a strong first half
- Nordex secures 243 MW order for U.S. wind farm
- Extension for Kivivaara wind farm: Nordex raises capacity to 57 MW
- Ever higher for greater yields: Nordex installing the world’s tallest wind turbine
- Fewer turbines, greater output: Nordex to repower the Altenbruch wind farm
- Quarterly report: Nordex entering 2016 with double-digit sales growth
- Upbeat in the US: Nordex connects two new projects to the grid
- Green light received for merger between Nordex and Acciona Windpower
- Nordex entering a new league in 2016
About Nordex SE
The Nordex Group is one of the world's leading suppliers of wind turbines. The principal focus is on units with a high capacity - above all in the megawatt range: the strongest growth segment in the sector. Under the brand names Nordex, we offer powerful wind turbines for almost all geographic regions across the globe. Onshore and offshore, for desert and permafrost areas. With the largest serial produced wind turbine family in the world (N80/2500 kW, N90/2500 kW, N100/2500 kW and N117/2400 kW) and the powerful megawatt turbines N77/1500 kW and N82/1500 kW, Nordex is able to offer high-efficiency wind turbines for onshore use. The Nordex N150/6000 kW Offshore rounds off our megawatt product family with a machine especially designed for offshore use.
Today more than 4,500 Nordex wind turbines with a total rated output of more than 6,500 megawatts are already rotating in 30 countries of the world. We are represented with offices and subsidiaries in 19 countries.
Press contact at Nordex SE
Phone: +49 - (40) - 300 30 - 1141