Publisher: wpd windmanager GmbH & Co. KG.
Operational Management for Wind Farm from IWB
- Industrielle Werke Basel commissions wpd windmanager for Hamwiede wind farmBremen (renewablepress) - For the Basel-based energy supply company IWB (Industrielle Werke Basel), wpd windmanager GmbH & Co. KG takes over the operational management of the Hamwiede wind farm. The operational manager from Bremen is thus responsible for the commercial and technical management of seven Nordex N117 turbines with a total capacity of 16.8 megawatts. The wind farm in Lower Saxony went into operation in 2015 and is located only around 60 kilometers from the wpd windmanager site in Bremen. "We have been in contact with wpd windmanager for many years," says Michael Rückert, asset manager at IWB. "We know and appreciate their expertise and the wide range of services they offer in the field of operations management." The proximity of the wind farm to the Bremen site and the large Nordex portfolio were further good arguments in favour of working with the operational manager.
IWB acquired the Hamwiede wind farm at the beginning of 2015, shortly before the farm was commissioned. About five years later, IWB is now breaking new ground in the field of operational management. "IWB had very specific requirements for the management of its wind farm", says Gerrit Baerwald, technical management and sales at wpd windmanager. "Thanks to our large Nordex portfolio and our many years of experience with the N117 turbine, a very cooperative exchange of ideas has been established. We are therefore looking forward to working with IWB with eager anticipation." Besides the Hamwiede wind farm, the Basel-based energy supply company operates further wind farms in Germany, France and Switzerland.
Further information at www.windmanager.de/en
About wpd windmanager
The market leader for commercial and technical operations of wind farms, wpd windmanager GmbH & Co. KG, situated in Bremen/Germany, employs about 405 people and takes care of 362 wind farms at home and abroad with 2,030 wind turbine generators and a combined output of 4,313 Megawatt. Due to the modular structure, clients are able to compile their individual wind farm management – from the control room with 24/7 service, the technical controlling with field service on site through contract, insurance or quality management up to IT or QHSE. In the field of repowering or in the optimization of cost cutting and yield increase potentials in the wind farms as well, wpd windmanager has long years of experience. For over 20 years now, funds companies, national and international investors’ groups as well as institutional investors call on the know-how from Bremen. Besides Germany, wpd windmanager is also operating in Belgium, Finland, France, Croatia, Poland, Canada and Taiwan.
Download press photo:
© wpd windmanager GmbH & Co. KG
Bremen, 25 February 2020
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to wpd windmanager GmbH & Co. KG.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
wpd windmanager GmbH & Co. KG
Marketing & PR
Tel: +49 (0)421 897660-460
wpd windmanager GmbH & Co. KG
Online press kit - all press releases from wpd windmanager GmbH & Co. KG.
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »wpd windmanager GmbH & Co. KG.« responsible.
More press releases from wpd windmanager GmbH & Co. KG.
- Business management for 21 wind turbines in Kisielice
- wpd windmanager Reaches 4 GW Mark
- wpd windmanager Expands Cooperation With CEZ
- Operational Management for Polish Wind Farm of Green Bear
- CEZ relies on wpd windmanager
- wpd windmanager Market Leader in Croatia
- Operational Management for French Wind Farm with PPA
- „More than just operational management“: wpd windmanager at the HUSUM Wind
- Till Schorer Strengthens Sales Team at wpd windmanager
- Around the World with wpd windmanager