Publisher: Energiequelle GmbH
Start of elevated foundation construction in Torvenkylä: Energiequelle builds wind farm with 39,9 MW
- Seven Nordex turbines with over 8m elevated foundations will be installed in Torvenkylä
© Energiequelle GmbHTorvenkylä/Finland (renewablepress) - The construction of the foundations for the Torvenkylä wind farm in Finland has started. The project is located in the municipality of Kalajoki in North-Ostrobothnia, approximately 150 km south of Oulu. Energiequelle Oy, the Finnish subsidiary of Energiequelle GmbH, is installing seven Nordex N163 turbines here, each with an output of 5.7 MW and an over 8-meter concrete elevation that will be built on top of the foundations to improve the wind farm’s electricity production.
This special foundation type as well as the entire remaining infrastructure for the wind farm, i.e. the reinforcement of the existing roads and the construction of new roads, the cabling of the internal and external grid and the crane hardstands are going to be constructed by Suvic Oy. The substation for the connection of the project to Fingrid´s 110 kV electricity grid will be implemented by VEO Oy. With the elevated foundation solution planned by SUVIC, the hub height of the wind energy turbines can be increased significantly. This will improve the power generation of the power plants. In addition, project manager Atte Lohman says: „More power generation equals savings of large amounts of CO2 emissions and the Torvenkylä project is thus making an even greater contribution to the fight against climate change and to Finland's security of supply.”
The installation of the wind turbines supplied by Nordex are scheduled to start in August this year. Once fully operational the park will produce around 120 GWh per year, supplying around 25,000 households and avoid approximately 84,000 tons of CO2 emissions per year.
Torvenkylä is already Energiequelle's fourth project in Finland. The international project developer and operator has then installed already over 100 MW in the country. Another 2,400 MW are currently under development.
Since 1997, Energiequelle GmbH has been active internationally as a project manager and operator of wind energy, biomass and photovoltaic plants as well as substations and storage facilities. The headquarter of Energiequelle is in Kallinchen near Berlin, further locations are in Bremen, Oldenburg, Hanover, Putlitz, Penzing, Erfurt, Dresden, Rostock, Leipzig, Guntersblum, Magdeburg, Wiesbaden and Spremberg as well as Rennes, Dijon and Royan (France) and Helsinki (Finland). With more than 300 employees and more than 750 plants built with a total output of around 1,400 MW, Energiequelle is a leading company in the industry.
Download press photo:
© Energiequelle GmbH
Torvenkylä/Finland, 07 April 2022
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Energiequelle GmbH.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Marketing & PR
Tel: +49 421 62 67 69 22
15806 Zossen OT Kallinchen
Online press kit - all press releases from Energiequelle GmbH
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Energiequelle GmbH« responsible.
More press releases from Energiequelle GmbH
- French wind farm constructed by Energiequelle and Windstrom goes into operation
- Energiequelle GmbH achieves a turnover of just under 160 million in 2021 euros
- French Energiequelle subsidiary P&T Technologie celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Start of construction for Energiequelle GmbH's wind farm in Belle
- Energiequelle and Aedes Energies establish joint venture in France
- Energiequelle GmbH's French wind farm sold to Octopus Renewables
- Energiequelle GmbH commissions wind farm in Pitschen-Pickel and Falenberg
- Dr. Juliane Berghold becomes new Vice President at Energiequelle GmbH
- Energiequelle GmbH sells French wind farm Villers-le-Tourneur
- Start of construction for Energiequelle GmbH's French wind farm