Publisher: juwi AG
Michael Class will remain CEO of juwi AG for five years
- juwi AG Supervisory Board extends ContractWörrstadt (renewablepress) - At its most recent meeting the Supervisory Board of juwi AG approved the five years extension of Michael Class’ contract as juwi CEO. juwi AG is headed by a three-person management board. The scope of responsibilities of 50-year old Michael Class include all business activities of the operating German business units in the fields of project development and O&M services. He is also responsible for strategy, HR, and communications.
Michael Class is a member of juwi AG’s management board since early 2016. He became CEO on July, 1st 2016. The agricultural engineer has been active in the energy sector for about 20 years. Before he joined juwi he was managing director of MVV Umwelt GmbH, a subsidiary of Mannheim based utility MVV.
Dr. Georg Müller, Chairman of the juwi AG Supervisory Board, emphasizes: “In his role as CEO Michael Class made a major contribution to the successful further development of the juwi group within a rapidly changing environment. With their forward-looking strategy and continuity at the top of the company the juwi group will further strengthen their significance as one of the leading project developers and O&M service providers in the renewable energy industry.”
Michael Class is delighted about the trust placed in him by the Supervisory Board: “This is a strong commitment that enables us to continue our chosen path as the energy sector is in transition like never before.” In close cooperation with his team in the management board, Dagmar Rehm (CFO) and Stephan Hansen (COO), Michael Class will ensure that juwi will continue to play a leading role in the global transformation of the energy system.
Download press photo:
© juwi AG
Wörrstadt, 18 May 2018
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to juwi AG.
Attention editorial offices: For further questions please contact Herr Felix Wächter, juwi AG.
Telephone: +49 06732/96 57-1244
Online press kit - all press releases from juwi AG
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »juwi AG« responsible.
More press releases from juwi AG
- CEE Group acquires juwi’s milestone 14,4 MW wind farm Mohlis
- Orion Minerals and juwi to Investigate Renewable Energy Supply for the Prieska Zinc Copper Project
- juwi crosses the 100-MW mark in Vietnam
- DeGrussa solar hybrid project: Standard and blueprint for a reliable and sustainable energy supply for remote mines and industries
- juwi Commissions Second Industrial Size Roof-Mounted PV System in South Africa
- juwi signs agreement with EDL to deliver Hybrid Project at Gold Fields Agnew Mine site in Australia
- Solar power near lignite mine: juwi plans and builds 10-megawatt PV plant for LEAG in Brandenburg
- juwi’s 204 megawatt solar park wins at auction in Greece
- juwi completes 135 Megawatt Solar Park in India
- juwi commissions two solar projects in Turkey
About juwi AG
juwi is one of the world’s leading companies in the area of renewable energy with a strong regional presence. The company offers project development and EPC services as well as products and solutions for the energy turnaround. Company activities are mainly projects with solar and wind.
The juwi group was established in 1996 in Rhineland-Palatinate. Since the end of 2014, Mannheim based utility MVV Energie AG has been co-owner and partner of the juwi-group. juwi has about 1,000 employees worldwide, branches on all continents and is actively engaged in various projects all over the globe. Working together with passion to implement renewable energy economically and reliably is what drives us.
So far, juwi has realized around 840 wind turbines with a total capacity of approx. 1,800 megawatts at more than 100 sites. In the solar segment, more than 1,500 projects with a total capacity of around 1,400 megawatts have been designed and constructed. Combined, these energy systems produce around six billion kilowatt hours of clean energy per year, equalling the annual demand of around 1.5 million German households. Within the past 18 years, juwi has initiated an investment volume of around six billion euros to realize these projects.
Press contact at juwi AG
Phone: 06732 9657-1244