Publisher: Qualitas Energy Deutschland GmbH
Qualitas Energy signs a PPA for Mula solar plant, one of the largest in Europe
• The solar photovoltaic facility has been operational since 2019 and has an installed capacity of 494 MWp, making it one of the largest in Europe
• The energy generated will be sold over the next 10 years to an IG global energy leader
Solar park Mula in the region of Murcia, Spain
© Qualitas EnergyMadrid (renewablepress) - Qualitas Energy, a global investment and management platform focused on renewable energy, energy transition, and sustainable infrastructure investment, has signed a long-term power purchase agreement (PPA) for the solar photovoltaic plant in Mula (Region of Murcia, Spain), in which it is an investor alongside funds managed by lead partner Northleaf Capital Partners. The plant has an installed capacity of 494 MWp, making it one of the largest in Europe.
Through this contract, the energy generated by Mula will be sold to an IG global energy leader for the next 10 years, hence this PPA is also one of the largest deals backed by a single asset in Europe.
With the same aim, in October 2022 Qualitas Energy closed another PPA for the Polish PV plant in Milkowice, with a capacity of 113 MWp, one of the three largest in the country. These milestones position Qualitas Energy as one of the largest European players in the long-term PPA market.
This type of contract also reinforces the company's strategy of managing and mitigating risks in its asset portfolio, from both an operational and financial perspective; a strategy that Qualitas Energy has been implementing since its origins in 2006.
Qualitas Energy is currently exploring new PPAs opportunities in the markets where it is present, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, and Poland. These countries are the main investment focuses of the fifth flagship fund recently launched, QE V. This new Qualitas Energy vehicle held a first close at more than €1.1 billion in November 2022 and has a target size of €1.6 billion.
Carlos Gutiérrez, Portfolio Manager of Qualitas Energy, states: “This contract is relevant not only due to the size of Mula solar PV plant, but also due to the current situation of the energy sector. With this agreement, Qualitas Energy positions itself as one of the relevant players in the PPA market at a European level and demonstrates our capacity to optimize our portfolio in all the markets in which we are present.”
On this transaction, Qualitas Energy was advised by Watson Farley & Williams (legal).
About Qualitas Energy
Qualitas Energy is a leading investment and management platform focused on renewable energy, energy transition, and sustainable infrastructure investment.
Since 2006, the Qualitas Energy team has managed investments of more than €11 billion in renewable energy worldwide. These investments have been deployed through five vehicles: Fotowatio / FRV, Vela Energy, Q-Energy III, Q-Energy IV, and Q-Energy V.
Qualitas Energy’s existing portfolio currently holds more than 3.3 GW of operating and development energy assets, including more than 1 GWp of solar PV, 242 MW of solar thermal power (CSP), 1.5 GW of wind, 63 MW of battery, and 435 MW of biogas assets across Spain, Germany, the UK, Italy, and Poland.
The operating assets currently generate enough clean energy to supply more than 250,000 homes and avoid the emission of 400,000 tons of CO2, per year.
The Qualitas Energy team is composed of more than 450 professionals across seven offices in Madrid, Berlin, Hamburg, Wiesbaden, London, Milan, and Warsaw.
Please visit qualitasenergy.com for further information.
Download press photo:
Caption: Solar park Mula in the region of Murcia, Spain
© Qualitas Energy
Madrid, 09 February 2023
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Qualitas Energy Deutschland GmbH.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Qualitas Energy Deutschland GmbH
Marketing & Public Relations
Phone: +49 (0)30 8632 36 236
Qualitas Energy Deutschland GmbH
Unter den Linden 21
Online press kit - all press releases from Qualitas Energy Deutschland GmbH
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Qualitas Energy Deutschland GmbH« responsible.
The press release "Qualitas Energy signs a PPA for Mula solar plant, one of the largest in Europe" von Qualitas Energy Deutschland GmbH is also available in the following languages:
More press releases from Qualitas Energy Deutschland GmbH
- Qualitas Energy enters Latin America with a new office in Chile
- Qualitas Energy supports the German local communities where its wind farms are present with more than 1 million euros in 2023
- Qualitas Energy acquires DunoAir’s 1.4 GW German onshore wind development business
- Qualitas Energy wins auction for German windfarms
- Qualitas Energy continues to drive the energy transition in Germany with the acquisition of 80 MW wind farm projects
- Qualitas Energy and SURPLUS Equity Partners team up to build a 200 MW wind energy portfolio in Germany
- Qualitas Energy to develop more than 250 MW of wind farms in Southern Germany with local partner
- Qualitas Energy hits first close of its fifth flagship fund at more than €1.1 billion
- Q-Energy opens new locations in Hamburg and Wiesbaden
- Cooperation between Q-Energy and EEG Eifel: 10 Greenfield Projects Withe a potential of 316 Megawatts