Publisher: Nordex SE
Nordex entering 2018 well prepared
- Targets for 2017 achievedHamburg (renewablepress) - With the annual financial statements for 2017 released today, the Nordex Group (ISIN: DE000A0D6554) confirms its preliminary figures: In 2017, the Group achieved sales of EUR 3.08 billion and adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation of EUR 242 million. This translates into an adjusted EBITDA margin of 7.9 percent, which also matched expectations. Including the non-recurring expenses in connection with the “45 by 18” cost-cutting programme, EBITDA came to EUR 200.7 million, equivalent to a margin of 6.5 percent. Against this backdrop, earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) also declined, coming to EUR 43.4 million. In this connection, depreciation from the purchase price allocation (PPA) of EUR 61.0 million exerted pressure on earnings. Consolidated net profit for 2017 came to EUR 0.3 million.
- New products generating strong interest
- Equity ratio of 32.7 percent
- Guidance for 2018 issued
In 2017, the Nordex Group installed 932 turbines with an output of 2.7 GW in 17 countries. The Service segment continued to grow, with sales rising by 14 percent to EUR 310.8 million, thus contributing more than ten percent to total sales. All in all, Nordex had 6,858 wind turbines with a combined capacity of 16.4 GW under management on the basis of long-term service contracts.
The Projects segment recorded new orders worth EUR 2.2 billion in 2017, down 33 percent on the previous year (EUR 3.3 billion). Roughly 90 percent of these orders came from international markets, thus reflecting the Group’s global footprint. At the end of the year, orders on hand were valued at a total of EUR 3.7 billion, including EUR 1.7 billion in turbine business and EUR 2.0 billion in service business. Turning to 2018, the Group expects order intake to be spurred by the new N149/4.0-4.5 and AW 140/3000 products which were launched in the summer 2017.
The Group entered 2018 with a solid balance sheet. As of the reporting date, it had an equity ratio of 32.7 percent (31 December 2016: 31.4 percent), while liquidity stood at EUR 623.2 million and was, thus, almost on the same level as in the previous year (31 December 2016: EUR 649.5 million).
In 2017 a new auction system was established in Germany which temporarily caused considerably lower order intake. Against this background, Nordex expects 2018 to be challenging and projects consolidated sales of EUR 2.4 - 2.6 billion and an EBITDA margin of 4-5 percent. In addition, the company forecasts an improvement in its working capital ratio to less than five percent and is budgeting capital spending of around EUR 110 million. This will particularly be for product enhancements and sustained reductions in the cost of energy.
“In 2017, we systematically prepared for the challenging market environment. Our turbines produce clean electricity at substantially lower cost. This allows our customers to win auctions in all major volume and growth markets. At the same time, we are increasingly structuring our supply chain on a more global and efficient basis to meet project requirements,” says José Luis Blanco, CEO of Nordex SE.
Adds CFO Christoph Burkhard: “Our funding basis with our renewed maturity profile is in place. We have high and stable cash holdings. This year we will be particularly taking efforts to additionally improve working capital.”
Nordex has announced its annual financial statements for 2017 and its second sustainability report today. It will be reporting on its performance in the first quarter of 2018 on 15 May.
in EUR 2017
Sales: 3.08 billion
EBITDA margin: 7.9%
New installed WTG: 2.7 GW
Services sales: 310.8 million
Capital spending: 144.3 million
Equity ratio: 32.7%
Working capital ratio: 5.3%
Liquidity: 623.2 million
Order intake (projects): 2.2 billion
Order backlog: 3.7 billion
in EUR 2016
Sales: 3.39 billion
EBITDA margin: 8.4%
New installed WTG: 2.7 GW
Services sales: 271.6 million
Capital spending: 102.4 million
Equity ratio: 31.4%
Working capital ratio: 4.1%
Liquidity: 649.5 millionn
Order intake (projects): 3.3 billion
Order backlog: 3.9 billion
Download press photo
© Nordex SE
Hamburg, 27 March 2018
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Nordex SE.
Attention editorial offices: For further questions please contact
Phone: +49-40-300 30 – 1000
Langenhorner Chaussee 600
Online press kit - all press releases from Nordex SE
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Nordex SE« responsible.
More press releases from Nordex SE
- Nordex Group posts Brazil order for 90 MW
- innogy places order with the Nordex Group for 27 MW project in Germany
- Nordex supplies 27 large turbines to France
- Nordex records first quarter 2020 in line with expectations
- Withdrawal of guidance for financial year 2020 due to COVID-19 pandemic; improved performance in Q1/2020
- Nordex Group receives order to supply 59 MW to Brazil
- Nordex Group refinances successfully its guarantee credit facility for three years
- Nordex: N117/3600 and N131/3600 produce up to a 12% higher yield at sites with moderate and light winds
- Nordex raises earnings guidance following a strong first half
- Nordex secures 243 MW order for U.S. wind farm
About Nordex SE
The Nordex Group is one of the world's leading suppliers of wind turbines. The principal focus is on units with a high capacity - above all in the megawatt range: the strongest growth segment in the sector. Under the brand names Nordex, we offer powerful wind turbines for almost all geographic regions across the globe. Onshore and offshore, for desert and permafrost areas. With the largest serial produced wind turbine family in the world (N80/2500 kW, N90/2500 kW, N100/2500 kW and N117/2400 kW) and the powerful megawatt turbines N77/1500 kW and N82/1500 kW, Nordex is able to offer high-efficiency wind turbines for onshore use. The Nordex N150/6000 kW Offshore rounds off our megawatt product family with a machine especially designed for offshore use.
Today more than 4,500 Nordex wind turbines with a total rated output of more than 6,500 megawatts are already rotating in 30 countries of the world. We are represented with offices and subsidiaries in 19 countries.
Press contact at Nordex SE
Phone: +49 - (40) - 300 30 - 1141