Publisher: Nordex SE
The Nordex Group to build two more wind farms for Vattenfall in the Netherlands
- 13 large turbines planned for Dutch projects totalling 49 MWHamburg (renewablepress) - The Nordex Group has received in the last quarter of 2018 an order from Vattenfall to supply and install 13 turbines for two projects in the Netherlands. The 22 MW "Haringvliet" project includes six N117/3675 machines and the 27 MW "Moerdijk" project comprising seven N131/3900 turbines. The order also includes a two-year Premium Service contract for both wind farms, with the option of a subsequent extension of 23 years.
"Vattenfall is a strong and important partner for our activities in Europe and especially in the Netherlands. This order means that in the coming years we will be installing almost 350 MW in Holland for Vattenfall alone," says Patxi Landa, CSO of Nordex Group.
The first N117/3675 turbines for "Haringvliet" are to be delivered in December 2019. Grid connection of the wind farm is scheduled for spring 2020. The site is located in the province of Zuid-Holland on the island of Goeree-Overflakkee, near to the town of Middelharnis. Once in operation "Haringvliet" will supply around 22,000 households with clean electricity.
The "Moerdijk" wind farm will be installed in the port and industrial area of the town of Moerdijk, in the province of North Brabant. Completion is scheduled for summer 2020, after which the wind farm will supply some 27,000 households with clean electricity.
The Nordex Group - a profile
The Group has installed more than 23 GW of wind energy capacity in over 25 markets and in 2017 generated revenues of EUR 3.1 billion. The company currently has about 5,000 employees. The joint manufacturing capacity includes factories in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the United States and India. The product portfolio is focused on onshore turbines in the 1.5 to 4.8 MW class, which are tailor-made for the market requirements in countries with limited space and regions with limited grid capacity.
Download press photo:
© Nordex SE
Hamburg, 10 January 2019
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Nordex SE.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Contact for investors:
Langenhorner Chaussee 600
Online press kit - all press releases from Nordex SE
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Nordex SE« responsible.
More press releases from Nordex SE
- Nordex: N117/3600 and N131/3600 produce up to a 12% higher yield at sites with moderate and light winds
- Nordex raises earnings guidance following a strong first half
- Nordex secures 243 MW order for U.S. wind farm
- Extension for Kivivaara wind farm: Nordex raises capacity to 57 MW
- Ever higher for greater yields: Nordex installing the world’s tallest wind turbine
- Fewer turbines, greater output: Nordex to repower the Altenbruch wind farm
- Quarterly report: Nordex entering 2016 with double-digit sales growth
- Upbeat in the US: Nordex connects two new projects to the grid
- Green light received for merger between Nordex and Acciona Windpower
- Nordex entering a new league in 2016
About Nordex SE
The Nordex Group is one of the world's leading suppliers of wind turbines. The principal focus is on units with a high capacity - above all in the megawatt range: the strongest growth segment in the sector. Under the brand names Nordex, we offer powerful wind turbines for almost all geographic regions across the globe. Onshore and offshore, for desert and permafrost areas. With the largest serial produced wind turbine family in the world (N80/2500 kW, N90/2500 kW, N100/2500 kW and N117/2400 kW) and the powerful megawatt turbines N77/1500 kW and N82/1500 kW, Nordex is able to offer high-efficiency wind turbines for onshore use. The Nordex N150/6000 kW Offshore rounds off our megawatt product family with a machine especially designed for offshore use.
Today more than 4,500 Nordex wind turbines with a total rated output of more than 6,500 megawatts are already rotating in 30 countries of the world. We are represented with offices and subsidiaries in 19 countries.
Press contact at Nordex SE
Phone: +49 - (40) - 300 30 - 1141