Publisher: Capcora GmbH
Capcora arranges project financing for solar PV portfolio on the Balearic Islands
Financing for Spanish PPA projects
© CapcoraFrankfurt am Main (renewablepress) - Capcora arranged a 16.5 years term loan facility in an amount of EUR 12m for one of its international clients. The loan represents the first tranche of a wider framework arrangement and is dedicated to finance a sub-portfolio of ten PPA backed solar PV projects with 33.5 MWp being a part of an 84 MWp cluster developed by Capcora’s client on the Spanish islands. Capcora acted as exclusive financial advisor throughout the whole transaction.
The initial tranche includes ten photovoltaic projects in a size between 2.20 and 4.20 MWp. The entire portfolio consists of 23 solar systems located on the islands of Mallorca and Ibiza. The energy generated was sold under a 10-year framework PPA which was concluded in December 2020 with Spanish renewable power retailer Holaluz Clidom SA.
The non-recourse financing was granted by a German commercial Bank. The loan was structured on the level of a Spanish holding company and includes a commercial and KfW tranche. It has a term until December 2037 and therefore considers a significant merchant tail.
“We are proud to have supported our client on this transaction with strategical significance. A dual level financial structure in conjunction with KfW funding and a PPA price mechanism created for multiple projects with different COD dates significantly increased the complexity of the process, modelling and documentation.“, explains Alexander Enrique Kuhn, Managing Partner at Capcora.
The lender was advised by Simmons&Simmons as legal advisor and SOLpeg as technical advisor. Capcora acted as sole financial and model advisor.
Capcora is a consulting firm, specialized on real assets. Capcora procures equity, mezzanine and debt financing for energy and infrastructure projects, real estate, and medium-sized companies. The focus is especially on mezzanine financing for the recapitalization of tied-up liquidity in operating assets as well as for bridge financing of developments and construction measures in the area of renewable energies (photovoltaics, onshore wind) and real estate through alternative financing sources. In addition, Capcora acts as transaction manager for M&A processes (buy and sell side advisory).
Download press photo:
Caption: Financing for Spanish PPA projects
Frankfurt am Main, 03 August 2021
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Capcora GmbH.
Attention editorial offices: For further questions please contact
Alexander E. Kuhn
Tel: +49 (69) 348 710 111
Fax: +49 (69) 348 710 199
60325 Frankfurt am Main
Online press kit - all press releases from Capcora GmbH
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »Capcora GmbH« responsible.
More press releases from Capcora GmbH
- SUNfarming secures new bridge financing of EUR 9.5 million for 20 MWp PV portfolio in Poland
- Capcora opens new office in Hamburg
- FPM Projektmanagement launches largest photovoltaic roof-top project in Europe
- Capcora advises German family office on sale of 15 MW wind farm to Stadtwerke Heidenheim
- Obton secures mezzanine bridge funding to support further growth in Italy
- Alta Capital secures development funding for 840 MWp Pipeline in Italy
- SUNfarming reaches financial close on project financing for 26 MWp PV Portfolio in Poland
- SUNfarming secures EUR 10 million in fresh money for Poland
- NEAG receives onshore wind funding: a facility for different project stages
- ReneSola Power and Vodasun to form Joint Venture to develop solar projects in Germany