Publisher: juwi AG
juwi Shizen Energy Starts Construction of 100MW EPC Project “Azuma Kofuji Solar Power Plant” in Fukushima Prefecture
The “Azuma Kofuji Solar Power Plant” is scheduled to be operational in Q1 2023
© Juwi Tokio/Wörrstadt (renewablepress) - On 1st October 2020, juwi Shizen Energy Inc. (“juwi Shizen Energy”) received an order for the EPC (engineering, procurement, construction) project for the “Azuma Kofuji Solar Power Plant”, a 100 megawatt (DC) mega solar power plant and the Full Notice to Proceed issued in Q2-2021 February. It is one of the largest solar power construction projects in Japan, and is also the largest EPC project order for juwi Shizen Energy. The construction work is currently in progress and the plant will go into operation in Q1-2023.
This power plant will be located on a site of approximately 183ha located in Fukushima City, Fukushima Prefecture, commissioned by Azuma Kofuji 1 Power Plant G.K. (Shinjyuku-Ward, Tokyo), an SPC of Canadian Solar Group. Annual output is expected to be approximately 110 million kilowatt hours, possibly serving more than 30,000 households.
juwi Shizen Energy held a briefing for the local residents on August 26, 2020. We will strive to make this construction work safe, secure, and environmentally responsible for the completion of the project.
With the construction of this project, juwi Shizen Energy has more than 300MWp under construction and has completed more than 300MWp of solar EPC projects in Japan. In addition, juwi Shizen Energy has more than 160MWp under construction and has completed more than 110MWp of solar EPC projects in Tohoku region. With this track record and pipeline in Tohoku region, juwi Shizen Energy opened Sendai Office in April 2018 for business engagement, partnership development and recruiting to expand our business further.
Since the Tohoku earthquake, we would continuously commit to the sustainable society for the future generations. juwi Shizen Energy will continue to leverage the knowledge and experience cultivated through its global network and aims to increase use of renewable energy and to realize a sustainable society in Tohoku region by providing EPC solutions that meet the needs of the local communities.
About juwi Shizen Energy Inc
juwi Shizen Energy is an international joint venture established in January 2013 by Shizen Energy Inc. and juwi AG – a German company that is a world leader in wind power, photovoltaic development, and EPC (engineering, procurement and construction). As of the end of November 2020, juwi Shizen Energy has completed EPC projects for photovoltaic power plants with a combined output of approximately 300 megawatts, including Extra-high-voltage Solar Projects, around Japan.
- Headquarters: 5-33-10 Hongo, Bunkyo Ward, Tokyo
- Sendai Office: 4-7-17-5F Ichibancho, Aoba Ward, Sendai, Miyagi
- Representative Directors: Jan Warzecha
- URL: https://www.shizenenergy.net/en/about/juwi-shizen-energy/
- Business: EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) for solar and other renewable energy power plants
Download press photo:
Caption: The “Azuma Kofuji Solar Power Plant” is scheduled to be operational in Q1 2023
Tokio/Wörrstadt, 07 April 2021
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to juwi AG.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Media contact juwi Shizen Energy Inc.
Branding & Communication Department
For inquiries regarding this press release
Media contact juwi:
Tel: +49 (0)6732 9657-1244
Mob: +49 (0)1520 9331878
Online press kit - all press releases from juwi AG
Press photos for editorial use only
Note: For the content of this press release the issuer / publisher of the release is »juwi AG« responsible.
More press releases from juwi AG
- German premiere: first “Wind + Storage” innovation project to be implemented shortly
- juwi Shizen Energy Starts Construction of 121MW Solar Park on former golf course in Hyogo Prefecture
- juwi to construct ground breaking solar hybrid project for TransAlta at BHP’s Nickel West Sites
- Announcement on the development and commercial operations of new solar power plant in Yamaguchi Prefecture
- juwi to construct world’s largest solar hybrid project at an off-grid mine for Centamin in Egypt
- juwi to construct 13.6MWp solar farm for APA at the Gruyere Gold Mine
- juwi to construct solar park for Jabiru in the Northern Territory
- Photovoltaic expansion outside Germany’s Renewable Energy Law, EEG: juwi hands over subsidy-free solar park to municipal utility
- juwi group exceeds 3,000 megawatts of installed photovoltaic capacity
- Start of construction for Europe's largest bifacial solar park
About juwi AG
juwi is one of the world’s leading companies in the area of renewable energy with a strong regional presence. The company offers project development and EPC services as well as products and solutions for the energy turnaround. Company activities are mainly projects with solar and wind.
The juwi group was established in 1996 in Rhineland-Palatinate. Since the end of 2014, Mannheim based utility MVV Energie AG has been co-owner and partner of the juwi-group. juwi has about 1,000 employees worldwide, branches on all continents and is actively engaged in various projects all over the globe. Working together with passion to implement renewable energy economically and reliably is what drives us.
So far, juwi has realized around 840 wind turbines with a total capacity of approx. 1,800 megawatts at more than 100 sites. In the solar segment, more than 1,500 projects with a total capacity of around 1,400 megawatts have been designed and constructed. Combined, these energy systems produce around six billion kilowatt hours of clean energy per year, equalling the annual demand of around 1.5 million German households. Within the past 18 years, juwi has initiated an investment volume of around six billion euros to realize these projects.
Press contact at juwi AG
Phone: +49 (0)6732 9657-1244